PDA

View Full Version : rapid heart beat all night

cookyfemale
11-08-08, 06:13
Does anyone else who gets anxiety, have this rapid beat nearly all night. This is driving me insane, as i can't sleep properly. I read somewhere that a constantly rapid heart beat doesn't do any harm, is that correct? I also have 2 kiddies under the age of 5 to watch, so im totally exhausted.

Tracy:shrug:

Anxious_gal
11-08-08, 06:43
well i get heard palpitations, have them right now although not too bad, if it gets worse you could see your doctor, heart palpitations are uncomfortable but harmless, if your worried about them it could make them worse, so can artificial sweeteners found in diet drinks, and caffeine too

Pansy
11-08-08, 07:11
Hi Tracey.................things always seem worse at night. Sometimes I've been kept awake by a racing, pounding heart as well, and the brain is in overdrive.....................just can't relax.

Mishel is definitely right about caffeine and diet and fizzy drinks, they can have quite an effect. I decided to cut out all fizzy (cola) drinks, diet and regular, and I can't believe how much better I feel, although I did go through a few days of withdrawl symptons which I thought was a bad patch of anxiety at first!!

How about trying some relaxation excercises while you are lying in bed? Or listen to some soothing music?

Here's hoping for a peaceful night.

Pansy

Jay1979
11-08-08, 12:26
yep I get this quite often, its horrible

Jackson01
11-08-08, 19:14
When you say your heart is beating fast, exactly how fast do you mean. Normal heart rate for an adult is around 70 to 100 beats per minute. Take your pulse. If you are anxious, your pulse will obviously be higher. A lot of chest pain can be pluritic in nature, ie caused by your lungs or the muscle tissue around your chest. If the pain is increased by coughing or changed in any way by deep breathing it is likely not cardiac in nature. If you have these episodes on a regular basis you might benifit from wearing a holter moniter for 24 hours ( it records all cardiac activity), and your doctor will get a better idea of what is going on. Best of luck.