PDA

View Full Version : Eww...Panic.

JessicaTheGnome
11-08-08, 07:15
Good evening, I'm Jessica! It's a pleasure to meet you all and it's a giant relief to finally find a forum among people who are alot like me. Like everyone else on here, I've got these sort of issues and I need help recovering.

I have a panic disorder, and I'm taking Zoloft (a very low dose once a night), and it stabalizes me...but only a little. I have people in my life who stand beside me whenever they can, but my parents need sleep, and my friends aren't always awake at 3:00 AM. Every one of my panic attacks happen at night...and I hate it.

A little about personal me. I turn 18 in just a few weeks (August 20th) and I'm going into college. I'm quiet, and I tend to hold in my emotions. The holding in may be a part of my anxiety, one that I'm working on.

I do my best to look on the bright side of life but I balk at the sight of blood, and I'm terrified of pain. Heart attacks are common in my family, though I have been assured time and time again that I'm perfectly healthy.

My very first panic attack I spent alone, pacing in my room, and it lasted all night and well into the afternoon. My parents didn't find out until four days later when another one struck. I feel AWFUL for keeping them up at night when I have a panic attack, but I hate being alone worse.

I found this place on Wikipedia. Tonight I'd decided I'd had enough and went to go looking at the anxiety/panic attack information. I laughed at myself - this was no heart attack, this was just PANIC!!! Wow, it was insanly relieving.

...Even though that's what everyone has been trying to get into my head for the past year. Wow, it's been a year since my first panic attack...time goes by fast when you're having to deal with this insanity!

I hope I get to know you all soon. May we help each other make panic scurry away in terror! :D Everyone knows we deserve to make it cower beneath us!

kellie
11-08-08, 10:13
Hiya :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here. You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. Keep posting and we will help as much as we can

take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
11-08-08, 12:13
Hello Jessica And Welcome To The Site , I Wish Ya Well ,linda

Kelley30
11-08-08, 12:14
Hey hun and welcome. It's good that you have found the site.
When I joined the first time all them years ago, I was right in the middle of the worst time of my life with my attacks. I found the site so helpful when I realised that I wasn't on my own in what was going on in my head and I wasn't going mad after all.
I hope you find the site helpful to you too.
Take Care
K
XX

Southern_Belle
11-08-08, 19:41
Hi Jessica,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

nomorepanic
11-08-08, 21:55
Hi Jessica

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

JessicaTheGnome
12-08-08, 03:08
Thanks everyone, I already feel quite at home here, and I hope I can help equally as many people as who help me. :)

Jay1979
12-08-08, 10:14
:welcome:

jill
12-08-08, 14:45
Hi there AND :welcome: to the site,

As you can see, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

weeble40
12-08-08, 16:33
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

JessicaTheGnome
13-08-08, 03:50
Jill: I like your signature. "Knowledge conquers fear" is so true. The day I found the site (like...two days ago I think lol) was the day I was fed up with having panic attacks and researched them. I laughed when I found all my symptoms lined up 100% with the panic attack ones. It made me feel so much better...even though I've been told it was a panic attack thousands of times before <3

Everyone Else: Thank you so much, it's great to meet you all. :D

milly jones
13-08-08, 20:53
Hi hun

a warm nmp welcome to u

hope that u gain as much support and help here as i do

love milly xxxx