PDA

View Full Version : Another Newie

Captain_Ferox
11-08-08, 12:19
Hi, I'm new here.

Let's see, where to start...

I'm 18 and have had a anxiety disorder since the age of 11 which later devloped (with the help of secondary school) into agoraphobia with what I would call severe panic attacks when I was around 15-16. Basically, I'm afraid of embarrasing myself in public and i'm afraid of having a panic attack where I can;t escape from. I thought my life was over and had a dash of depression and suicidal thoughts but never got even close to trying to end anything. I left school and sort out help through NLP which really helped me and allowed me to get out of the house again.

I'm now doing a course in acting believe it or not (Don;t ask me how it works), I still get panicky sometimes but I have excellent tutors and a large group of friends who also have some sort of anxiety/panic disorders.

But I've joined here because there are still some things bothering me that I can;t seem to talk to people about for many a reason, one being embarrasment the other is I have a fear of pushing people away if I keep telling them about my problems (This has happened once before) And I think the annomonity of the internet will help me get my thoughts down.

missanxious
11-08-08, 13:59
Hello!

Wow it sounds like you have had a lot to overcome throughout your teens - well done for getting on top of your panic, not an easy thing to do by any stretch of the imagination!

I find that it really helps me talking about things that get to me online. I don't always want to pour these things out to friends - especially when it is anxiety related because they don't know it feels to be so anxious / panicky that it affects your daily life.

So hope you feel you can get it all out on here and get some support from people who really know what you are talking about!

Jay1979
11-08-08, 16:32
Welcome to the site :) There are loads of great people here

lorac
11-08-08, 16:45
Hello

:welcome: to the site I am sure you will get loads of good advice and support on here

Take care

Carol

Southern_Belle
11-08-08, 20:02
Hi Captain Ferox,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support. Glad you are here.

Take care,

Laura

nomorepanic
11-08-08, 21:44
Hi CF

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

milly jones
13-08-08, 21:42
Hi hun

a warm nmp welcome to u

hope that u gain as much support and help here as i do

love milly xxxx

ronski
14-08-08, 15:07
Hi Captain Ferox

Keep talking, this site is for getting things of your chest and getting sound advice and reassurance. The main problem for us anxiety sufferers is that it is a big issue and it has taken over our lives and that if we dont watch it with non anxious friends we can appear to be overbearing. But you wont find that reaction here so keep on posting
All the best
Ron

Lilith1980
14-08-08, 17:45
Hi Captain Ferox

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

Lindalou64
15-08-08, 14:25
Hello Captain Ferox And Welcome To The Site, I Wish Ya Well, Linda