PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here who can help me with translation? :( PLEASE READ :D

TheOriginal_BIRD
11-08-08, 16:24
hey :)
i went on a well deserved holiday to greece recently, to celebrate me getting myself better and a new beginning. i have met somebody in Greece, he speaks english, but sometimes hes not great at writing it, so he sometimes sends me texts in greek..
anybody here who could help :(
xx

ladybird64
11-08-08, 16:56
hey :)
i went on a well deserved holiday to greece recently, to celebrate me getting myself better and a new beginning. i have met somebody in Greece, he speaks english, but sometimes hes not great at writing it, so he sometimes sends me texts in greek..
anybody here who could help :(
xx

Hiya Bird :)

I'm not a Greek speaker only English and some pretty poor Italian but wondered if you have tried the online tranlator Babelfish/Altavista?
I'm not sure if it does Greek but if memory serves it covers a lot of languages so it might be worth taking a look.
Just to point out, online translators are not always 100% accurate but it should provide enough info to help you figure out what he's saying.

Good luck! :)

Cathy V
11-08-08, 18:11
Hiya, i learned to speak spanish because of an ex boyfriend and he spoke hardly any english, and his texts and emails were always in spanish, so i bought a small dictionary and also a spanish verbs book because this gives you all the tenses, past present and future and how to put sentences together. You can buy these for Greek too. I learned loads and could write it well before i could speak it! that came later.

Congrats on your fantastic recovery and i hope the romance works out :hugs:

Cathy V xxx

Southern_Belle
11-08-08, 19:26
Hi Bird,

I can't help a bit but wanted to wish you well and so happy you went to Greece to celebrate, what a great idea!

Take care,

Laura