PDA

View Full Version : hey girlies...new on here...

the_original_glamour_girl
08-05-05, 12:53
hello to everyone!! my name is katie-im 20-with a gorgeous boyfriend rob! my problems started a month ago - i had an abortion due to health reasons - it was deemed best for the baby and me. i am very cut up about the entire situation, and finding it hard to feel normal again!

my main problem however is since the day of the abortion, i have had an overwhelming fear of dying and death. i went to the doctor complaining of a costant servere headache that had been there for two weeks!(its still here!!) a tight painful chest, weird pains all over my body(like shooting pains in calfs or tops of arms), feeling really woozy...the doctor told me it was bad anxiety and i needed to get a psychiatrist and prescribed some painkillers for the headaches.

my worries were brain tumor etc, blod clot on the brain etc. everyone describes the headaches for anxiety as like a band of pressure round the head...mine is more of tender points various inside my head, that really ache!

i really hope someone will have the same symptoms as me! i want to feel normal again and happy! feel so low like this.

xxxxxxx

*love kt*

seh1980
08-05-05, 12:59
hi kt,

Welocome to the forum!! Your symptoms are very normal and I think I've had pretty much all of them at some point. Are you getting any help for your anxiety?

Sarah :D

08-05-05, 13:03
thanx for the reply! need ppl to keep telling me its normal, im so scared of dying...i need to get in contact with the psychiatry unit where i live to get a counsellor, im doing that tomorrow!

i dont want ppl to think im doing this for attention cos im really not and i dont know where else to turn!

were your headaches weird? like pressure at the back?

love kt

*love kt*

seh1980
08-05-05, 14:00
I got all sorts of headaches including ones with pressure at the back. Don't worry, you won't die!! Anxiety cannot hurt you though it canb often be pretty scary. Hope you manage to find a counsellor ok! :D

nomorepanic
08-05-05, 14:31
Hi and welcome aboard.

Hope we can be of some help to you on here.

I used to get the chest pains - they can be helped with some stretches.

Do the pain killers help the headache atall?

Nicola

08-05-05, 14:54
no painkillers helped with the headaches at all!

the fear of death is really hard to deal with...i get it especially at night, fear of going to sleep....when i get that, i sweat and shake uncontrollably...rob nearly had me down to a+e cos i was hyperventilating! he must be finding it hard to deal with all this too, not only the abortion, but then i seem to flip out and go mental on him! oh dear...maybe all the symptoms will just go as soon as they came!!
:(
fingers crossed

xxxxx

*love kt*

mumof4
08-05-05, 15:06
Hi and welocme i know how u feel i have been there as well with the fear of dying but with councelling hopefully u will overcome that.

florence
08-05-05, 15:28
Hi Kt

I have been there too, my anxiety started when i was 19, and I know the fear of dying too well, its been more than 8 years now, and I am still alive, don't worry, you will go thru this and you won't die, you have many years ahead of you.
Headaches , I have loads, in back of the neck too, this is all due to tension, are your shoulders and neck stiff and achy?
Take care.
Florence.

** Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.**

08-05-05, 16:06
i think my body generally feels much tenser and stiffer than normal, but my shoulders and back deffinitely! just talking on here is making feel slightly calmer! my anxiety is stopping me do things...ie: i wont lock the shower door, incase i pass out and no-one can get in...or i have to lock the car door when im inside it, for fear that someone will open the door and kill me.

another main issue, is knives....im scared i will either kill myself or my boyfriend in the sleep....i make him hide all the knives!

:( fed up thinking "what if" and scared of thinking ill be dead by the morning or done something terrible!

love to you all xxx

*love kt*

florence
08-05-05, 16:31
Hi Kt

Aromatherapy can be good for your stiff shoulders , back and neck, even a good massage , ask your boyfriend to give you one [:P]. This could help with the headaches.
We all get irrational and intrusive thoughts with anxiety that can become paranoia....But don't worry these are only worries, and nothing will happen ,ok?
I have the same fears and worries as you, and many other peeps too. I dont lock the door in bathroom either and I freak out sometimes just by having a bath!!!
You will go thru it , and remember you 're not alone with these feelings and we're here to support.
Take care for now.
Florence.

** Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.**

08-05-05, 16:34
florence you are a star...thanks for the advice!

*love kt*

tasha
08-05-05, 16:45
Hi kt!

I'm new here too and thought I would say hello (thanks for the reply on my post too) :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation.....lots of luck with the counsellor tomorrow. I find my counselling very useful. I've also had similar symtoms to you (headaches, bad back, chest pains) as well as the obtrusive thoughts, and like everyone else has said, you will get through it. It is hard at first but you will get there in the end :)

Tasha

Meg
08-05-05, 17:13
Hi TOGG,

After the decision you were involved in or had put upon you, its a normal reaction to be thinking about death and dying...

Do you want to share what in your medical history made a pregancy a danger to you both..

You are not alone in these sorts of thoughts

obsessional negative thoughts (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3343)
what if I kill someone? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1972)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

EmmaJane
08-05-05, 21:03
Hi Katie,

Sorry to hear your news, its understandable you are very anxious. Try not to analize your symptoms to much, the more you analize, the more anxious you become. The fear of dying and death is normal in anxiety and intrusive thoughts, probably more so in your case at the moment though. You are not in danger, nothing will happen to you and hopefully a councillor will help.

Keep talking and good luck.

Feel free to PM me, if you need to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

kimmy
08-05-05, 21:09
hello, it all sounds like anxiety. the abortion is a a time which probably triggerd your anxiety off. we all have this. mine started as well with shooting pains through the back of my head, i too thaught it was a tumour. my thaught got stuck on i was having a nervous breadown, if it is anxiety the tablets probably wopnt make it go away. depression gives you headaches like this, thats what i had. perhaps talking to your doctor about anti depressants instead. this sites fantastic, a great support.
good luck feel free to message me again xxxx

Karen
08-05-05, 22:18
Hi kt

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

sal
08-05-05, 22:19
Hi KT

Welcome to the site and hope we can help you through this. You have being through a tough time and it is bound to take it out of you. Unfortunately anxiety does lead us to worry that it is more serious as in brain tumour, blood clot etc but i hope we can ease your worries on this and you can see it is a normal reaction to how you are feeling...

Things will improve but it takes time and positive thinking and lots of support which we can give you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

lainey
09-05-05, 09:10
Hi KT

Firstly, welcome to the forum, you'll find lots of help and support here.
I have had all of the symptoms you describe especially when my anxiety was acute.
I'm not surprised you feel like you do as you have had a lot to deal with in the last month.
All the thoughts whizzing around your head are completely normal for sufferers of anxiety and they are only thoughts and you will be ok, have you tried any distraction methods like reading a good book, going for a long walk which would help to burn off excess adrenaline which causes many of the symptoms to appear. A good realxation tape, a warm lavender oil bath,or even a massage from your boyfriend will all help to distract nd relax you.

Hope this helps

Take care

Elaine x

10-05-05, 22:22
hey everyone...i would just like to thank everyone for their messages!

my boyfriend thinks i have seemed alot calmer the last few days...he doesnt know how i feel in my head though..its so difficult!

i had a really bad day today...headaches are immense and chest seems really tight...its weird cos i didnt feel panicky my boyfriend was really making me laugh taking my mind off things...however i started to worry about the headpain etc! im still so worried its a brain tumor or such like, but my doctor doesnt do any tests as he says i have no symptoms other than anxiety....i seem to doubt everyones word!

fingers crossed tmrw will be better!

in regards to why i had to have the abotion...i dont really understand it...the pregnancy wasnt viable, the baby was growing, and i was in hospital due to servere abdo pain! i felt from the day i found out i was pregnant something was not right! and unfortunately i was right! however me n my boyfriend said we are still really young so will try for a bby maybe next year or the year after!

love to you all xxxxxxxxx

*love kt*

dove
10-05-05, 23:51
there is no wounder you are feeling like you do........your body is reacting to how you feel .and when that happens for a while you have no control over it it is your inner brain that as taken over. you have hit a hurdle in life you had no control over and it is hurting like mad .you are trying to carrie on and your body says not yet . ..... my advice to you is listern to your body right now.and dont rush to get back into the real world, dont fight it every thing you are feeling do to whats happened is normal you have to face up to your body is making disisions right now for you .. when its gone you will feel better .as for now there is nowt wrong whith you there really isnt .take care in this hard time you are having right now and remember . there is only so much we can do . the rest is out of our hands

dove x x

Sue K with 5
11-05-05, 12:38
Hi

I have had a fear of death and dying since I was quite young but I remember when I had my abortion at 17 I nearly had a nervous breakdown, suffering exactly that same symptoms as you did, I was actually at work one day, and I felt like my brain had done a u turn in my head, I thought I was dead, there and then, it was horrific,

I am now 36 and very much alive, I have spent year in and out of councelling, but i never really dealt with the issues properly, which is where you can do things differantly,

You must confront them head on, do not be scared to talk about it, I was and I was so ashamed as well

Dont be, You have made a difficult choice in your life which was the right thing to do and dont let anyone tell you differantly,

The symptoms you are feeling do wear off after a while, and the headaches will subside. Flo is right aromatherapy is fantastic as is indian head massages if you have the money to do that!

Use this site as a guide and even jump on to the chat rooms where people will be able to help you and advise you, and you will discover that you are not alone.

Good luck and keep us informed as to how things are going for you

Well done for recognising your problem and confronting it

You are a strong young women and I promise you, it will get better

Sue K

xxx

scknight

pinkscrumpy
11-05-05, 21:35
:( Hi all

I to have a fear of dying. I think it happened when I first got ill. As I had never been poorly before it scared me. Also my mum died when I was 11 and I was unable to deal with that

MANDIE XX

12-05-05, 21:51
i need to say thank you for all the comments....im getting thru this crappy time...and your making it easier! i started a new job today, a step forward...taking my mind off things...im starting to realise how much of a crap time i have been thru, the more you realise and can understand things...the easier it seems to be!

love to you all

xxxxxxxxxxxx

*love kt*

Meg
12-05-05, 22:28
Great .. acceptance and moving forward .. Both good moves.

Keep it going and keep learning

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

nomorepanic
13-05-05, 19:37
Hey Great news on the job.

Hope things continue to improve for you from now on. Keep us updated ok?

Nicola

LooksLikeRain
27-10-05, 19:46
I'd first like to say I'm sorry to hear about the abortion.

Sometimes if I think about death, I'm hit with anxiety. I wish I knew what to say to help you but all I can say is, I hope you and your bf Rob live a happy, strong life together and I hope someday, you don't have to live in fear.

<3

We Don't Have To Live In Fear No More

W.I.F.T.S.
28-10-05, 11:23
Hi,

There is an area at the back of your head/ top of your spine called your amygdala and, as far as I can remember, that is where your adrenaline is produced from (don't quote me on this!). So when you are feeling anxious or you have the fight or flight response, your amydala is going into overdrive and this is why it feels wierd in that particular spot.
Whenever I was in a pub I used to have a compulsion to smash a pint pot and glass someone with it. And I always used to rub the back of my head- like I was giving myself a reassuring pat!! I had that for a long time and it was only out of the blue that I noticed I'd stopped doing it.

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.