PDA

View Full Version : My anxietys getting worse every day & I dont know how to stop it :o(

maeanna
11-08-08, 20:40
Hi
I normally post on the phobia bit coz i have Emetophobia but this is causing me to have really bad anxiety especially at the moment and i dont understand why its gotten so bad.:weep: Over the past week ive been feeling sick constantly from the minute i leave my flat until the minute i get back into my flat. Ive gone from being able to go to London alone (2wks ago)to see my partner to just about being able to get on the bus to town (a 5min trip) with my hands sweating and panicking that im gonna be sick. Im suppose to be moving to London in 3 1/2 wks and at the moment I dont think i can handle it. My GP doesnt have a clue and prescribed me Citralopram and Sertaline but because of the side effects I wont take them and told my gp that the only time i was living a fully functioning life without anxiety was when i had 2mg of valium a day for a month which my gp then stopped as he said it was too addictive and i should go to the gym instead.
Anyway i saw a man from the mental health team last wk who said i should see a pyschiatrist but because i work with children I cant as if they found out i could lose my job and not be able to work with children again. (so much bad stigma around mental health! its soooo annoying!)
Anyway if anyone can help or has been in the same situation where theyve been oka but suddenly gone downhill with no reason! i would be so greatful.
Thanks for reading:)

novedt
11-08-08, 21:35
hi maeanne, your story is touching and i can relate to it very much, my name is Tommy im from scotland and im 27 not a doctor or an expert but an anxiety sufferer,. all my life i was happy go lucky nevr drank too much ,liked a smoke if u know what i mean,. done boxing kept fit and aside from the puff kept really healthy, i had two daughters and i stopped smoking the stuff as i was about 24 and figures it was no good for my girls so i chucked it , it was hard but i was successful, everything was fine until one day BOOM panic attack, never had 1 in my life, but had a major 1, went to hospital they said stress, since that day i have been on a rollercoaster, extra heartbeats, being sick fainting, stomach aches, acid reflux, chest pains and an all round feeling that something really bad is just around the corner, now i tried many things beta blockers , valium allsorts, i was in a living hell,. i was depressed and thought for a while i may be going mad. i was looking at stuff and saying is that really there, things looked wierd,. until i put up with it so long and said no more. let me tell u anxiety can be cured and it can be cured by you. no drugs just a strong mind, you may think you dont have a strong mind but if you suffer the way i did believe me it builds strength. this is how i did it, i realised what my fear was . death. plain and simple 1 fear 100 symptoms. every ache pain etc was going to kill me. when people say you shouldnt worry you have to now take it literally, what i did was not think about it and stop caring, when i say dont think about it i mean i know the day is not going to pass without the situation coming into your head and the more you say dont think about it the harder it is , let it come into your head but dont spend any time on it, dont anylize the thought, just let it come and go dont sit and worry wats wrong it will come into your head, let it give no thought to it though, ignore your aches and pains if your mind is finely tuned into aches and pains youl feel every last 1 , no matter how frightening dont give them any thought just let it pass and continue what you are doing. you have to fight your fear head on, show no mercy,. say today im going to stand up to this and lets see how tough this thing realy is , you will win. i did and i was in hell. i came back from it in the space of a few weeks, i still suffer chest pains and other bits and pieces but i give them no time i gave them years of my life and i wont do it anymore, may sound silly but the first thing you were ever told , dont think about it was dead on , you are stronger than you know, put on your gloves and beat it into submition , u get 1 life so live, beat it head on forget about drugs and all the other so called remedies you have all the tools u need in your own head and im sure you will succeed it wont happen over night but be strong and patient , i was a few weeks after years of suffering, be strong and once its away and it will go away never look back dont give it another thought my msn as novedt@hotmail.co.uk if you ever ever want to talk give me a shout. :)

elitest
12-08-08, 17:34
Fantastic post novedt you are my hero!

maeanna
12-08-08, 18:54
Omg Tommy Thank u so much for that! u are an amazingly strong person and an inspiration and I Thank you for your post. You are absolutely right and today i had a good day as my friend recommended some herbal remedies which I took and felt better so i hope that in a few wks/mths i will be without them! Im glad ur doing so well keep strong. Take care and il let u know how i get on! :o)