PDA

View Full Version : Help doctors appointment

mikejames
12-08-08, 07:26
I suffer with panic attacks daily and have a doctors appointment in a couple of hours.

Not worried about the doctor as she is great and very supportive but the surgery is massive and always very busy.

It is the waiting in the reception area that I am worried about what if I start shaking etc etc

Any tips much appreciated

Mike

MyNameIsntRich
12-08-08, 08:04
Mike, just try to take it easy and not worry too much. I know its easier said then done i also hate that reception room wait.... the anticipation almost seems worse then anything but just take a book or music... and remember its all good...

Venus Calling
12-08-08, 09:44
Take comfort in the fact you're in the right place if anything does happen. I had two attacks in the waiting room last Thursday at my surgery which was full (I got there on time for my appointment but was kept waiting for more than an hour and I'd had no sleep that night either so was very fragile). People were so kind and the staff got me under control very quickly. You're lucky you have a good doctor - mine shows no interest and makes me feel like I am wasting her time.

Sorry that probably wasn't much use to you - I think I just want you to know you shouldn't worry. Good luck!

mikejames
12-08-08, 09:47
Hi

Thanks for your replies
Managed to get through though had a very first 5 mins

Managed to get a seat by the window and just concentrated on the rain

Take care you guys

Mike

ronski
12-08-08, 19:43
Hi Mike

Well done, I hope your doctor was supportive.

All the best
Ron

MyNameIsntRich
13-08-08, 22:45
also glad to hear all went well for ya in the waiting room. Maybe next time the anxiety level will be reduced knowing that this past time went smoothly } : >

honeybee3939
13-08-08, 22:56
Well Done Mike :yesyes: :yesyes:

Doctors waiting rooms have always been a problem for me too so i can understand what a BIG success this as been for you:yesyes: .

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx