PDA

View Full Version : tummy problems

ellida
12-08-08, 09:21
Am on holiday and trying not to panic but for the last few days (including friday before I was on hols) I've has an upset tummy first thing in the morning. Trying so hard not to freak but losing the battle as now worried I have sth seriously wrong with me. This is unusual for me to have a bowel/tummy thing so if anyone can help I would be so grateful.

Nechtan
12-08-08, 12:05
Hi,

For the past couple of weeks I've had a tummy bug and my wife had a touch of it too. From various people I have talked to and some of the posts on here I would suspect there is a tummy bug doing the rounds at the moment. So I wouldn't be surprised if this what you are experiencing.

All the best

Nechtan

precious78
12-08-08, 12:20
Could be something you've eaten? Are you abroad? I had a funny tummy in the morning when I was abroad.

Anxious_gal
12-08-08, 12:56
try some anti nausea meds, one's you get in the pharmacy, could just be anxiety or maybe some food didn't agree with you. it's unlikely to be anything too bad,
try ginger, n pepermind too.

RosieXXX
12-08-08, 16:46
Hi Ellida

You may find that anxiety is now giving you an upset tummy first thing in the morning. This has happened to me before - and has gone on for quite a while before it resolves itself. It is surprising how anxiety can affect the tummy - especially the bowel. Try not to worry because it only makes it worse. If you continue to be concerned your doctor can easily check to see if you have a tummy bug, which can be easily treated.

ellida
13-08-08, 19:11
Thanks for your replies. Have been worse today and haven't been able to stray far from our cottage. But I don't feel ill - just a gurgly tummy and frequent loo visits. Is that normal with a bug? E xx

Lisa D
14-08-08, 11:57
Yeah, a bug can take all different kinds of symptoms. Sometimes you can have cramps before you need to run to the loo, and other times it can just be a gurgle. You could have wind on your stomach now too if you've been frequent, which will make you feel a bit sick and empty,and even more gurgly. I've had an upset tummy in the mornings for about a week, I don't feel ill either- its just when I wake up for some reason. Just make sure you're keeping yourself hydrated with loads of fluids and you'll be fine.

Cathy V
14-08-08, 12:17
My stomach has never been a weak spot for me, ive always had a strong stomach and never, ever had a 'holiday tummy' when abroad. In fact id usually end up with the opposite problem of not being able to go for days! until this summer when we went over to majorca for 5 days and for the first time i felt i kept needing to go to the loo, and even spent most of one day in and around the hotel because i had to go to the loo so often...a first for me.

I also have the same problem since moving to live in germany last summer to be honest, and in fact since being back in uk for an extra long visit my digestive system has gone back to normal. Im back to going once a day without that awful feeling of wanting to keep going! I did put the frequent loo visits down to my meds (betablocker) because i started taking them after i moved to germany, but im taking them here in uk too so it cant be them. And it couldnt have been a bug because its gone on for too long and without pains or sickness.

Be interesting to see if the frequency increases again when i return to germany end of august! xxxx

ellida
14-08-08, 15:28
Thanks all - am also not eating in the hope that will help! Xx

Charlottie
14-08-08, 15:50
It's better to eat if you can, just stick to bland things like bread and plain biscuits.