PDA

View Full Version : Hi Im new here...

k774
12-08-08, 14:49
Hi im Helen and Im 21. Ive had a pretty crazy year so far this year and it has taken its toll on me in so many ways, its unbelievable.

My boyfriend got offered a job out of the blue, a once in a lifetime opportunity and had to relocate to France.

He left and i carried on with my final year of studies, the stress mounting. The week before my dissertation was due, our house was burgled. We had been out for less than two hours and I had desperately wanted to stay in, changing my mind only at the last minute. The house was trashed and i lost a significant amount of uni work as my laptop and its case (full of notes) had gone. Thankfully, my dissertation was backed up. The burglars had smashed our back door to pieces, breaking through 2 bolts and 2 Yale locks. The burgalry hit me hard, and I havent spent a night in a house on my own since. I have also developed Obsessive compulsive behaviour, checking locks, doors windows all the time.

I have since moved to France and I am finding it hard adjusting to the city. My french is at a very basic level and I feel less independant here. I also know noone except my boyfriend. Since being here I have developed IBS, and anxiety. I am finding it hard to deal with things that I normally would take in my stride. I hope by joining this site, it can be the first of many positive steps and I can sort myself out.

jill
12-08-08, 15:09
Hi Helen :D:hugs:

:welcome: to the site.

There are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

YES hun, you have made the first positive step, please take time to read through the site not only threads, but behind the forums to, there is lots of great into here, look on the left hand side at first steps, how to cope, finding help.

I hope you get out of this great what I have got and that is feeling better

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

k774
12-08-08, 15:16
Thank you Jill, its reassuring in itself to know that many people deal with issues like this, and that its just not me!

weeble40
12-08-08, 16:32
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

jodie
12-08-08, 19:45
hiya

:welcome: to nmp

jodie xx

Southern_Belle
12-08-08, 19:54
Hi Helen,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support. Glad you are here.

Take care,

Laura

Jay1979
12-08-08, 20:17
welcome to NMP :flowers:

kellie
12-08-08, 20:41
Hiya Hun :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here.
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurane and make some great friends along the way.

kellie.xxxxxxxxx

LaLaOrange5
12-08-08, 20:52
Hey Helen, i'm new on here and going through a similar situation. I just moved in with my boyfriend who moved across the united states about 2 years ago. I've been here a little over a month and I think my anxiety from the move is just starting to set in. My moving company got in a car accident and everything i owned was on the truck and was all destroyed. I am also not coping very well with missing my friends and especially my family. 2 weeks ago i went to the doc thinking i had a bladder infection bc i can't stop peeing, and now i've been to the hospital, the doc's office 4 times and had bloodwork, many urine cultures and an ultrasound of my bladder and kidneys only to be told I'm a perfectly healthy woman. Every time i go through a period of anxiety i get some very weird physical symptoms so I'm guessing thats what is happening now. I hope you get a lot of advice and support on here and can overcome the anxiety!

lorac
12-08-08, 21:01
Hello Helen

:welcome: to the site I am sure you will get lots of good advice and support on here

Take care

Carol

nomorepanic
12-08-08, 21:59
Hi Helen

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Lindalou64
13-08-08, 13:57
Hello Helen And Welcome To The Site, I Wish Ya Well, Linda

milly jones
13-08-08, 20:23
Hi hun

a warm nmp welcome to u

hope that u gain as much support and help here as i do

love milly xxxx

marie1974
13-08-08, 20:31
hiya this site is great and u will really get lots of advice and support here, moving is hard esp to a diff country, mayb if u tried to learn somemore french and joined a local club etc just to get u knowing people. hugs and i hope u make some lovely new friends on here.xxx