PDA

View Full Version : Apprehensive…Oh, and new, too!

angoisse
12-08-08, 19:49
Hello to all—

I’ve been following posts on this website for about a month now and feel finally ready to embark on this electronic endeavour. I’m 21, female, originally from Toronto but now reside in Montréal, and a sufferer of Generalized Anxiety Disorder as well as Health Anxiety and Emetophobia. I suppose I could say that I have been an anxious girl my whole life, and I know for sure that I have been terrified of vomiting since my very earliest memories—in fact it was realizing that being either terrified or at least uncomfortable every day wasn’t normal that took a long time. I have only been diagnosed for around a year and a half—I experienced my first anxiety attack in a café two years ago, to which I responded by calling InfoSanté (a telephone health line) insisting I was having a heart attack. It has been a roller coaster ride ever since.

After going to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for 8 months, I feel a lot better, but have a lot more to deal with. Recently, the “high” I was on after having finished CBT has begun wearing off, and I’m beginning to fear the worst—relapse. I have never taken medication for anxiety before, but am beginning to consider it as a last resort. I know that my relationship with my partner will begin wearing thin if I end up the way I was last year, locked in our apartment, hands bleeding from over washing, seeking reassurance at every minute of the day, not to mention the disappointment I will feel in myself.

Anyways, I was a little apprehensive joining this site in all honesty, as I fear that it may feed my anxieties rather than help them, but alas, so many of you feel as though it is therapeutic and helpful to connect to so many like-minded individuals, so I’ll trust you on that one. Not to mention the fact that you all seem spectacularly kind and caring!

Thanks for listening. I’m hoping to get to know you all a little better, and that we all start to feel a little better.

Sincerely,

angoisse

Southern_Belle
12-08-08, 19:54
Hi Angoisse,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support. Glad you are here.

Take care,

Laura

Jay1979
12-08-08, 20:15
Hello :welcome:

kellie
12-08-08, 20:40
Hiya Hun :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here.
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurane and make some great friends along the way.

kellie.xxxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
12-08-08, 21:59
Hi Angoisse

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

jill
12-08-08, 22:03
Hi Hun :D:hugs:

:welcome: to the site,

You have come to the right place, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

marie1974
13-08-08, 00:21
hi and welcome to nmp, you will find some great advice and support here and make some new friends too. hugs xxxx

Lindalou64
13-08-08, 13:53
Hello Angoisse And Welcome To The Site , I Wish Ya Well, Linda

milly jones
13-08-08, 20:30
Hi hun

a warm nmp welcome to u

hope that u gain as much support and help here as i do

love milly xxxx

dianes
13-08-08, 20:54
:welcome: to NMP Angoisse, we are all here to help and support you. I know what you mean about worrying that this site might feed your anxieties, I worried about the same thing when I joined. But I have found the information and the help and support that I have received from the wonderful people on here has been truly invaluable and helped me sooo much with my recovery:yesyes:
:hugs: :hugs: to you

Diane
'Remember, your imagination is always much worse than the reality'

angoisse
13-08-08, 22:40
Thanks for all the warm welcomes, everyone. It's very much appreciated. I'm already finding this site helpful!

JessicaTheGnome
13-08-08, 22:46
Hiya I'm Jessica, it's nice to meet you. I was the same as you when I joined a couple of days ago but I've felt a small improvement in just the four days I've been here than I have felt in a long time. It's really worth it!

If you ever need someone to talk you, you are welcome to message me! <3
Jessica the Gnome

Kelley30
14-08-08, 08:37
Hiya hun and welcome, glad that you have found the site, hope you feel find the help, advice and support here like so many of us has.
xx

phillips_e2
14-08-08, 09:46
Hi
You are excactly the same as me. I have suffered from emetophbia and OCD for as long as i can remember and it's only been recently that the docs realised i've got GAD aswell. You will get so much comfort from this site, it's helped me out more than i could have ever imagined. I wish you all the best.

Emma xx:)