PDA

View Full Version : MY PROGRESS

Hope4NoMorePanic
09-05-05, 15:34
I havent been writing recently and I wanted to update you on my progress. I decided that the medication I was on (Trazodone) was not right for me. So, I am in the process of weaning myself off of it (under the supervision of my Dr.). He has perscribed Prozac in the smallest dose available but I made the decision not to take it as of yet. I have heard the illustration that panic is like a bully that is trying to pick a fight with you. If you provoke it or fight back - the panic will win. But if you ignore it - the "bully" will go away. So, I decided to try this. I have been keeping busy and not thinking about my "panic" even when I begin to feel the symptoms. I practice my breathing BEFORE I even begin to have my attacks. I relax my body at every moment because I know that I am always tense. Just the breathing and relaxing my muscles at any point in time has helped a lot. Doing this before the panic comes helps prevent one from occuring. When I do begin to panic I distract myself and believe it or not - it goes away faster than I ever thought possible. Panic is all in your mind - the more your train it - the better you will feel. You brain will begin to think that there is "danger" and when you don't react it will send messages back saying "FALSE ALARM!". I know that this is the KEY to my getting cured. I have to master it and I am determined to do so. ALWAYS REMEMBER that you cannot have a set back unless you have made progress. So, if you have a setback be proud of yourself because that only means that you have made progress! Always keep positive and the bully will go away.

Hope4NoMorePanic

Meg
09-05-05, 15:42
Hey H4NMP ,

What great news you bring us.. Good for you to have made such progress..

Yes, it does take practice but as you say distraction along with changing your internal thought messages does work.

Congratulations

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

seh1980
09-05-05, 16:08
[Wow!] great news!! :D

carlin
09-05-05, 16:16
Hi there,
and a very big well done to you, i had great pleasure in reading that and it's so true, keep at it and keep in touch xxx

kairen
09-05-05, 16:58
well done thats good to hear glad yr feelins so positive

take care xxxx

kairen x

jill
09-05-05, 17:57
Hi there,

Well done, you have made soooo much progress and with your positive attitude you will keep going and make even more.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

sal
09-05-05, 18:39
Well done you you have made some great progress and it is really nice to hear how well you are getting on.

Thanks for sharing that with us.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

nomorepanic
09-05-05, 19:26
Well done on manging the panic much better now.

You are doing great!

Nicola

florence
09-05-05, 20:41
Hi

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">If you provoke it or fight back - the panic will win. But if you ignore it - the "bully" will go away.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I think you 're absolutely right, there.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">So, if you have a setback be proud of yourself because that only means that you have made progress! </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I am rather very negative when i have a setback , thanks for your positive words, I will definitely think of those next time I feel down.

Take care and well done . :)

Florence.

** Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.**

Karen
09-05-05, 23:29
Hi there

Well done. Great progress.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Piglet
10-05-05, 14:23
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote"> I have heard the illustration that panic is like a bully that is trying to pick a fight with you. If you provoke it or fight back - the panic will win. But if you ignore it - the "bully" will go away. So, I decided to try this.
Hope4NoMorePanic

<div align="right">Originally posted by Hope4NoMorePanic - 09 May 2005 : 15:34:43</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

What a great analogy! I'm sooo going to try and remember that!
Thanks Piglet :)

pips
10-05-05, 20:10
Hi,

Thats Brill News and you are so right!!!!!

Keep up the good work!

All the best.

Love PIP'S X X X X