PDA

View Full Version : How Did You Choose Your Nmp Name

purplehaze
13-08-08, 03:01
Hi

I was just wondering how we all came to choose our names on nmp. Some of them are amazing some are strange and some make no sense but are so unique.

Maybe there is a good reason for the name or a story behind how you chose it.

Anyway be great to hear how we all chose our names

hugs

kev x

Venus Calling
13-08-08, 09:24
Mine evolved from Drops of Jupiter - a song by Train which became Jupiter Drops as it's a bit long and because I am a huge rock fan it then became Jupiter Rocks!

I'm guessing yours has something to do with Jimi Hendrix...?!! :D

Granny Primark
13-08-08, 10:02
I used to be loopylynn. Reason being is cus it took me 2 years to learn how plug the computer in.:winks: :D
I already was a granny, then primark opened in our city centre and I couldnt keep out of the shop. And manmoor started calling me granny p in chat so hence I changed my name to granny primark.
Strangely enough I very rarely go in the shop now. I buy most of my clothes from New Look and im always in next buying my beautful little 10 month old grandaughters clothes from there.
Perhaps I should be nanny next? Its definitely more upmarket. More like me I was thinking.:winks: :yahoo:

noonoo
13-08-08, 10:18
It's a nickname my parents always used to call me when I was little, and even though i'm 21 now they still use it. My real name is Nicola.

london
13-08-08, 11:08
my nickname is where i was born and come from
my name is colin

thevoicewithinme
13-08-08, 11:21
The day I stumbled upon NMP on the net...was one of my most desperate days and there was a voice inside me calling out for help....so hence thevoicewithinme was born :)

Kaz

yorkylover
13-08-08, 11:38
Im animal mad,especially dogs.

I have owned a yorky since I was given my first yorky on my 18th birthday and Im now 41 and still have a yorky.

I collect anything and everything to do with yorkies.:yesyes:

So this is how I got my name.:yahoo:

bab
13-08-08, 12:28
This is really sad - me and my husband call each other Bab... no idea how it started but we been calling it each other for about 7 years!!!

Archaeopteryx
13-08-08, 12:49
Archaeopteryx (AR-kee-OP-ter-iks) is the oldest known bird.

I was just reading about it the day I found this site.

Maybe deep inside me I want to do something different.

Anyway, Don't bother pronouncing the name, just call me Arc!

:)

orangeblossom
13-08-08, 12:59
I just love gardening! And especially the smell of Orange Blossom... just gorgeous! Actually, I was a bit concerned when my fiance mentioned that smelling oranges was one of the first signs of madness... bit worrying really!

DrGreenThumb
13-08-08, 13:40

The Fool
13-08-08, 14:19
well mine is becuase im a teen (14 to be precise) and i have a habit of making a moutain out of a mole hill lol so yeh im a dramaqueen

Adz84
13-08-08, 14:45
This is really sad - me and my husband call each other Bab... no idea how it started but we been calling it each other for about 7 years!!!

That's not sad, my partner calls me babs. I call her angel face or princess cheeks, that's sad lol.

Mine's pretty simple and boring i'm called adam and was born in 84. I usually use monklips everywhere else but didn't want to on here. It's a bit too weird lol X

panicagain
13-08-08, 15:15
Mine is probably self explanitory. I've had panic attacks for about 20 years and when i was joining this site i was in another panic attack and i hoped this site would help me (which it has!) so that was the birth of "panic again"

angoisse
13-08-08, 15:53
New Pocket Oxford-Hachette French Dictionary © 2005 Oxford University Press:

angoisse /ɑ̃gwas/ feminine noun: anxiety.

I'm a lover and student of the french language and moved to Montreal, Quebec two years ago from Toronto. Angoisse, meaning anxiety in French, seemed appropriate.

mabelina
13-08-08, 16:18
My name came from my first beautiful pet rat who i named Mable but often lengthened it to Mabelina:)

purplehaze
13-08-08, 16:20
Hi

Well I love the colour purple and the haze part was due to the fact I was always walking about in a HAZE when I was in panic mode

kev

Oceanblue
13-08-08, 16:26
Well, being a Jimi fan,.. I intended to join as PurpleHaze,.. only somebody had beat me to it !!:whistles: .

I still have it as my MSN addy though :emot-dance:.

At the time of joining I wanted to become a member as soon as, so then after learning it had already been taken, (cough, cough.. :shades:), I just went with boring old Katie and my birth year instead.:D

Oceanblue
13-08-08, 16:29
Hey Kev,.. my fav colour too !! :ohmy:

Cathy V
13-08-08, 16:40
With mine, the Cathy part is short for Catherine and the V is the first letter of my grandfather's surname which is Westerseil. Its a german but or course the germans pronounce their W's as V.

My great-grandfather was mayor of Hannover way back when, and i find it ironic that i ended up meeting a german man so late in life and moving to live with him to a small town only an hours drive from there. Before this i'd never been to germany before and didnt know much about my german family history...now I know much more!

Cathy V xxx :D

never2late
13-08-08, 16:49
It's never too late to try again, so I signed up as never2late.

Not very creative on that one. :huh:

Venus Calling
13-08-08, 18:20
Purple is my favourite colour too....! I remember reading something years ago that it is the favourite colour of people with unstable minds...!!! :D :D

Oceanblue
13-08-08, 19:07
Jupiter ? You're not supposed to admit it :ohmy:

purplehaze
13-08-08, 19:09
Hey

I thought it meant that those who choose or like the colour purple are handsome beautiful stunning........ok am looking at the wrong mirror rofl

Venus Calling
13-08-08, 19:34
Did I say that out loud??!! I was rumbled a long time ago anyway!!

Of course we're gorgeous - that goes without saying!! lol :D

Gryphoenix
13-08-08, 19:44
I like Gryphons and Phoenixes, both powerful mythical beasts, and it's like...rising from the ashes and so forth. :D

JohnBliss
13-08-08, 20:30
John is my name.Bliss is the state I would like to be in !!!
:D :D :D

Malton Seadog
14-08-08, 19:04
Malton - the town in North Yorkshire where I live.
Seadog - I'm a Scarborough Athletic FC supporter, whose nickname is the Seadogs!

Veronica H
14-08-08, 20:46
It's at times like these that I wish I had used a little more imagination.....I love gardening, animals...music... I know many mythical creatures names....honest.....

decca
14-08-08, 21:27
Decca is a derivation of my real first name as is Degsy or Del.

Venus Calling
14-08-08, 21:38
And there's me thinking it was after the record label!! :D I'm just showing my age! :blush:

decca
15-08-08, 13:57
Well yea there is that as well,come to think of it the first 45 I bought was a Decca can't remember what it was tho , think it might have been something by the Stones or could have been the Beatles but I don't think they signed up with Decca.
Ohhhh those were the days, lol.

Decca.

Jaco45er
15-08-08, 14:14
Jaco, as in Jacobite

45 as in 1745 (no not the year I was born)

er as in the 45ers

The Jacobite Catholic revolution headed 2nd time around by the young pretender, Bonnie Prince Charlie, and called the rebel 45'ers when in 1745, a year before Culloden, the mighty Jacobite army dispatched British ruled garrisons as far down as Derby.

like a typical bunch of Celt muppets though, the generals all fell out at Derby, went home and got slaughtered at Culloden.

Ah well, forgive and forget ;)

purplehaze
15-08-08, 18:47
Jaco

Forgive?
Forget?

Oh flower of Scotland when will we see your likes again
We fought and died for a wee bit hill and glen and stood against them king edwards army and sent them homeward to think again

FREEDOM

ok we will forgive and forget but will they stop going on about winning the world cup lol

Lexi
15-08-08, 19:48
My middle name is Alexandra hence "Lexi"

mad4it
16-08-08, 03:49
Did you ever see the 'Kevin and Perry' take off of Oasis "Mad for it" but also my fave song is Oasis 'Little By Little'. Also seemed appropriate. Funny as F**K. Hugs.

MAD4IT