PDA

View Full Version : As I Drift Off I Hear A Loud Buzzing!

panic123321
13-08-08, 11:38
First post!

I've stopped getting panic attacks but when I'm trying to sleep it feels like I'm being pulled into sleep as apposed to falling into it. Like I'm blacking out or something? But then I get this intense ringing in my ears and it wakes me up. I've heard that this is normal for people with anxiety but this morning I decided to try ride out the ringing. I didn't wake myself up for a bit and it turned into like radio static. I got a bit freaked so I decided to get up but I couldn't move. I was paralyzed. I could see the ceiling and I was telling myself to move but I couldn't. I couldn't even make a noise. It was horrible. I've been suffering with a really bad sinus infection too and I was convinced my brain was giving in. I really hope this is normal and I'm not alone!

mabelina
13-08-08, 16:44
This sounds like sleep apnea which is a very common symptom of anxiety. I remember one morning waking up but couldnt move, even though i could hear everything going on and i knew my boyfriend was asleep next to me. I was picturing him calling an ambulance and everything.

As for the ringing sound, your quite lucky, i hear monks singing!! It completely freaks me out but again, its just another strange anxiety symptom.

Ozzy
13-08-08, 16:47
Hello, i haven't stoped getting panic attack's but i get this also and it's pretty scary i'd like to know what it is also i also get just as im drifting off i hear someone call my name and it make's me jump but i call out and no one is there it get's a bit scary from time to time? am i loosing it? or is it just stress related?

jill
13-08-08, 17:00
Hi hun, :D:hugs:

WELCOME TO THE SITE.

When I was acute, I used to hear crashing plates, as if someone had just dropped alot of plates in the kitchen, mmm very strange, but I know it was all anxiety rellated.

As for waking up and noT being about to move, I have had this to, it can be very scary, but NOT harmfull hun, this is due to stress, its called sleep paralyses (ops, spell check me thinks lol), here is a link hun, your not alone with this, here is a link

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33328

Hope this helps hun, your not alone in how you feel, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

mabelina
13-08-08, 17:05
[quote=jill;372861]it can be very scary, but harmfull hun,[quote]

Please tell us you mean NOT harmfull??:ohmy:

jill
13-08-08, 17:06
Mebeline, :D:hugs:

Sleep apnea is a hole other ball game hun, my hubby has this, don't really want to go into what it is on the health forum, may cantain triggers, but is sounds like you get this sleep paralysis too. :hugs:take a look at the link hun, you are not alone :hugs:

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

mabelina
13-08-08, 17:10
Thanks Jill:flowers:

jill
13-08-08, 17:13
Ohhh I an sooo sorry :ohmy::blush::roflmao:thank you soo much for pointing that out:hugs:

Thank you

LOVE JILLXX

panic123321
13-08-08, 23:42
Thanks a lot for the replys guys! I was a big reader of this site for a while before I posted so I'm well used to knowing I'm not alone but hearing people say they had my exact symptoms makes me feel so much better. I've been also having trouble lately with bothering my gf with all my problems. I'm worried she's gonna get so frustrated she leaves me! I hate feeling this way :(