PDA

View Full Version : breathing bad

janeybaby25
13-08-08, 18:46
hi guys, I haven't posted for a while cos i thought I was doing ok, but today, since 5pm, my breathing feels really bad, like I can't take a deep breathe or something & my hands feel all tingly & I feel funny. I am scared. I know its prob anxiety but I am always thinking what if all the time. Pls someone reassure me. x

chriscml
13-08-08, 18:59
its axcity m8 just dont think about it in it will go away.i have had like u have dont wory u b ok

nic x
13-08-08, 19:00
hi janey, just to reasure you, or try to luv, the pollen count is really high at the minute and that bothers my breathing, so it is prob your anxiety taking over as well, just try to relax, and do something to take your mind of it, remember it will pass!!

lesleya
13-08-08, 19:02
Hi Janey
I can really sympathise with you hun because ive had exactly the same thing going on for the lst few weeks (i posted about it last week too) Ive not had really bad panics for a few months, i feel anxious yes, but not full blown panic attacks. But ive been feeling like i cant get a deep enough breath in and am exhausting myself trying. I too get sort of pins and needles and numbness as if id been lying in a nerve in my fingers and the side of my face and lip. My gp said its because im overbreathing and depriving my blood of certain things...hence the pins/needles/numbness. Try to occupy yourself with something else if you can to take your mind off it does help. Please feel free to pm me anytime you want too for a chat if it helps you at all.
Take care hun
xx:bighug1:

janeybaby25
13-08-08, 19:03
ok, thanks guys, made me feel better. Its calming down now. I have been out all day & been busy & not noticed it once & it's only when I got home that I started to notice it. I worry you see 'cos I have a heart condition (although my breathing is not affected by this & when I have mentioned it to my cardiologist in past he just says its anxiety) but I still worry & think what if all the time. I wish I could get that thought out of my head.

kendo59
13-08-08, 19:36
Well, to look at the positive side... if you're still alive, then you must be breathing ok? yes?
If your GP has ruled out any physical problems, then there are ways to get your breathing under control. Relaxation techniques, focus on your breathing and close your eyes, picture a nice tranquil scene - the countryside or the beach - count slowly in time with your breathing... 1 - 2 - 3 - in and out... picture a quiet spring meadow or tropical island - birds softly chirping - the cool breeze against your face - waves gently lapping at the shore... palm tree swaying in the evening breeze.. slow down - slow your breathing.... feel your heartbeat slowing... relax... see the sun gently setting over the ocean... the tide slowly going out... keep counting... slow it down... breathe normally.... relax...

belle
13-08-08, 19:42
Hi there..
Its sounds as if you are hyperventilating.

Hyperventilating is the state of when breathing is faster and/or deeper than necessary, reducing the carbon dioxide concentration of the blood below normal. Hyperventilation can, but does not necessarily always cause symptoms such as numbness or tingling in the hands, feet and lips, lightheadedness, dizziness, headache and chest pain.

I get this all the time.

janeybaby25
13-08-08, 20:50
hi all, I have calmed down quite a lot now & feel ok. Your right, I am still here, it was just that crappy thing we call anxiety. Argh, wish it was so much easier!

Thanks to all who replied. xxxx

jill
13-08-08, 21:46
Hi hun, :D:hugs:

Its great to hear you have been feeling ok, thats great news be proud of yourself. Hiccups or blips may happen from time to time, this is all part of recovery. I know its dame hard, but try not to put to much importance on this hun. Keep looking to how well you are doing

As you can see, your not alone with this hun, it is a common symptom, here is another thread

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34350

YOU TAKE CARE, YOUR DOING GREAT, KEEP POSITIVE

LOVE JILLXXX