PDA

View Full Version : For those of us who have HA and exercise...

Gryphoenix
13-08-08, 19:53
Do you find it a struggle to accept the feelings that exercise gives you?

I've been trying to up my exercise (swimming) and I feel great while swimming (I do it for around 2 hours) but when I get home and things calm down I feel like I could sleep for days. My muscles themselves don't necesarily hurt (my neck gets a crick though) but I just feel sooooo exhausted, not necesarily sleepy-exhausted but tired. Pooped, knackered, what have you. Before, I would interpret this as a threat and get anxious, but I understand where it came from so I'm sort of okay with it since it means--I'm trying to be healthy, lol.

And I also have a heart fear--I hate ectopics and the feeling of my heart beating too fast, and I've panicked while exercising before--so I like swimming as it takes my mind off of my heart beating fast. And anyway once I get into the stride I don't notice my heart beat anymore. But it still often niggles away at the back of my mind, especially on lazy days where even getting up I notice my heart starting up. And once in awhile I'll get an ectopic whilst exercising which REALLY annoys me but it hasn't happened lately.

I'm assuming the more I do this exercise the more I will get used to it but sheesh...

So anyway what are your stories about HA and exercise?

kahi35
13-08-08, 20:07
same as you when i exercised i felt my heart beating and it seemed that i couldn't slow it down so doc put me on heart monitor and he put me on beta blockers and now it feels to slow so i get scared of that too. cause i'm at home and don't get anxious at home but when i'm on the treadmil i feel different. feels like i don't have any energy. are you on beta blockers?

janeybaby25
13-08-08, 21:10
Hi, I have just joined the gym but so far scared to go in case owt happens! Sounds silly I know but just wanted to say, I am worried too about doing excersise with HA.

Gryphoenix
14-08-08, 02:33
Nope, I'm not on any medication, so it's all mental wrangling for me, I just have to learn to accept that it's normal...Anyway I was pretty out of shape when I started so anything made me tired or my heart beating fast.

So yeah I don't really like gym stuff either, I'd rather be outside in nature I suppose...

I guess I'm not the only one worried with HA and exercise then!

nursey4
14-08-08, 03:18
I so want to exercise again but I am constantly worried about my heart. So the extent of my exercise is walking and yard and house work and I know I have little stamina and muscle due to my lack of hard exercise. It's amazing that I'm not obese by now!

jodie
14-08-08, 06:50
hiya

i love to go to the gym as and when i can and have had the heart beating fast and i also get ectopics for me i think drinking plenty helps lots, just drink water as i think the sport drinks make your heart beat even faster and as hard as it is make sure you know when you have done enough and when to stop.even after a few years now of going to the gym i still get ectopics and fast heart rate but i think ah well i have had it befor ect but still hard not to panic

jodie xxx