PDA

View Full Version : inner ear problem/vertigo

kahi35
13-08-08, 21:19
anyone diagnosed with inner ear problems and dealing with being dizzy all the time?

countrygirl
13-08-08, 23:00
My dizziness/vertigo was caused by injured neck and not by inner ear problem but the sensations are the same. I had constant unsteady feeling for about 10 years!! and would get sudden evil vertigo where I just had to lay down on floor which was embarrasing if out which would occur maybe once every few days for a week then nothing for three months. I have herniated neck disc and bad arthritis. Eventually the neck fuses itself a bit and this helps symptoms as we have balance receptors in our neck bones and muscles.

I spent years having tests - mri scans and ultrasound of neck arteries convinced it must be something other than my neck and didn't even believe my neurosurgeon. It was only after the symptoms improved for 6 months then I hurt my neck and they all came back that I finally accepted the reason for the symptoms.

I found the hardest thing was not to give in to the fear of going outside - I still don't like being out alone in case it happens again and of course the more you worry the more likely it is to happen. I remember not being able to go in a supermarket after a bad vertigo attack out of sheer fear it would happen again.

AS its your inner ear then its likely to clear up on its own after a short time so fingers crossed for you.

AcroSplat
14-08-08, 13:34
anyone diagnosed with inner ear problems and dealing with being dizzy all the time?

Hi Kahi35

I was diagnosed with Labyrinthitis (Inner Ear Viral Infection) in late April, which is how my Anxiety started.

I then went on to have other Anxiety symptoms such as:

All over Muscle Twitching (Fasciculations)
Leg Jerking
Muscle Pain

4 months on and i still have minor dizzy days lasting for an hour or so most afternoons, but im getting used to it. Ive been told it will eventually get better.

gtrgrl3369
14-08-08, 14:15
Heres the problem with the dizziness sypmtom, I have learned from experience. It is the longest symptom you will have and one of the most disturbing because it affects your balance. The trick to this is that you have to keep functioning. Once you give in to this one it can be crippling. I have been there. I still get this at least once a day, not all day anymore thank God. Usually when I am stressed about something. My job is horrible so it is usually there that it happens. Take deep breathes and tell your self that nothing bad will happen, it hasn't before. I hope this helps. Take care.

june
14-08-08, 15:00
Hi i am on meds for vertigo - it is completely different from the dizziness i get from anxiety.
Verigo is more like hitting your head on a cupboard, a total blackness.
It Is Horrible!!!!!

Another sensation i have had twice so far is = as if i banged my head and ALL my insides feel as if they are spiralling down out of my body - again an awful sensation lasting a minute or so and lingers because of the fear it generates.

anyone else suffer the same??

Trouble is that with ear problems it brings giddiness and upset stomach and then I am back to square one WORRYING again.
Love
June

milly jones
14-08-08, 21:09
hi ive got vertigo, not dizzyness

im on betahistine hydrochloride and its slowly helping

nasty tho

mill xx

kahi35
15-08-08, 20:37
thanks guys for your responce i go for my test this monday so i hope they figure out whats wrong. talk to you guys later.
Gordean

june
16-08-08, 13:37
Good luck kahi35
I hope everything goes well for you.
Best wishes
june