PDA

View Full Version : help.

tina2004
27-11-03, 15:06
hi there,,im really bad with anxiety ,been off my tablets since this time last year,recently started atenolol for high bp but think its ok now,anyway ive tryed coping without meds but canny,i constantly think im dying with every ache and pain,the doc thinks ive got ibs so getting an ultrasound on tuesday,anyway he asked me to start cipramil 3 weeks ago 10mg for a week then 20mg but im too scared of side effects,what should i expect to feel like,ive 2 kids 11 and 13 and im 29 so i want my life back and i want to try be happier at christmas so i know i must try and take them,can anyone say if they will help..

sadie
27-11-03, 20:58
Hi Tina

I havent personally taken Cipramil but I am taking Venlafaxine. Try not to worry too much about side affects as the doctor has prescribed them to help you feel better. I think with a lot of anti-depressants they take a few weeks to show any benefits and may make your symptoms a bit worse for a short while to begin with but they eventually disappear. I did experience this when I first started taking the tablets but I coped and so will you. However, If you really feel against taking the tablets you could try some relaxation such as deep breathing, yoga, massage etc. Anything which you can do to relax you and also ask the doctor about refering you for some counselling or for some CBT. There is normally a waiting list for such treatments so maybe it would be a good idea to take some medication in the meantime to help you cope....

These are only suggestions.. only you will know what is best for you.

Take care.

sadie

benoo5
27-11-03, 21:24
hi tina,

first of all, i would change your user name,back to tina...by referring to yourself as sad,you are constantly sending negative messages to your brain..sounds silly,but its not.

secondly,you say you are being treated for hypertension,but you think thats ok now...tina,dont think its ok..have your blood pressure checked regularly,and when your dr grunts after taking it(they all do),ask him/her whether its down to an acceptable level.

as sadie has already said,anti-depressants take a while to kick in,and you may feel poorly for the first few weeks..whichever drug it is(ive forgotten) you can get lots info by putting its name in the search feature at the top right hand corner of this page.

i really wish you well,so keep us posted..best wishes..bryan.