PDA

View Full Version : Is it really anxiety? reassurance needed!

andrewjdavid2005
09-05-05, 20:49
I have been suffering from anxiety for nearly a year now!
The doctors never really convinced me that i had anxiety they never said i actually have it but that i could have it and they said i needed something for my nerves.

When i first went to the doctors i felt terrible, i had 2 lots of blood tests done within 3 months and they were all fine and clear, i also had stool and urined samples done about 2 if each at different times and they were fine, also i had an ECG done and that was fine as well.

I have had all these symptoms almost constantly for the past year:-

Feeling tired and lack of energy dont feel like doing much.
Heart beats fast sometimes.
Diarrhoea sometimes.
Bloated stomach.
Pins and needles.
Faintness.
Lightheadedness.
Feeling like i cannot breathe and like i have a lump in my throat and feel like im suffocating.
Slow pulse sometimes
Thinking that im going to die or i have something bad wrong with me.

I would like some thoughts on this matter thankyou.

rhowes2000
09-05-05, 21:07
I'm certainly no doctor but I'm very sure it is anxiety. Most of the symptoms are very common and if you all your other tests are clear it certainly points to anxiety.

florence
09-05-05, 21:13
Hi Andrew

These symptoms are , without any doubt , anxiety related....and the list goes on!
I have had most of those you just described. I have had anxiety/panic attacks since I was 19 on and off....Trust me , you can get better.
You need to learn how to relax and some breathing exercises to help you manage better.
I am sure some peeps will come up with good advices, just bear with us.
Florence.

** Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.**

andrewjdavid2005
09-05-05, 21:20
I have been on cipralex 20mg for about 8 months they have helped abit but i dont feel much different, i do take excercise and have read lots of books and done alot of research on anxiety and just hoping that one day i will feel alot better and not suffer so much.

carlin
09-05-05, 21:21
Hi Andrew, replied to your other post, should have read this one first, sorry, everything you describe relates to anxiety, all the symptoms you describe most of us here have had one, two or all at some stage, if you have been given the all clear by your doctor, i think personally that half the battle is won, now the hard part begins, step by step you convince yourself by telling yourself over and over that it's just anxiety and nothing more sinister, (not easy. i know), sorry to have gone on, but i and many others are going through the same so know exactly how you are feeling. keep in touch.

Meg
09-05-05, 21:41
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/symptoms.htm

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Lilith
09-05-05, 21:52
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">
I have had all these symptoms almost constantly for the past year:-

Feeling tired and lack of energy dont feel like doing much.
Heart beats fast sometimes.
Diarrhoea sometimes.
Bloated stomach.
Pins and needles.
Faintness.
Lightheadedness.
Feeling like i cannot breathe and like i have a lump in my throat and feel like im suffocating.
Slow pulse sometimes
Thinking that im going to die or i have something bad wrong with me.

<div align="right">Originally posted by andrewjdavid2005 - 09 May 2005 : 20:49:49</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Well, whatever you have, I have it too! You just described my symptoms to a "T". (But add nausea.) It gets better. Well, actually, for me, it comes and goes. But I'm working on it. :)

Meg
09-05-05, 21:55
Hey Lileth,

Long time no see .. how are you ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

jill
10-05-05, 09:33
Hi Andrew,

I have had all these symptoms and more.
It will be 1 year in june since I had my first PA anxiaty attack.
Today am am alot better:D
For me it was the fear of all these symptoms which kept them going the fear of having another PA or high anxiaty attack.
This site and the special people on here have tought me sooo much, so now I have nomorepanic and no more high anixaty attacks.
Take comfort in knowing that with alot of hard work support and time you too CAN learn how to feel better. You CAN beat this Andrew.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX