PDA

View Full Version : Endoscopy

Loco851
10-05-05, 01:55
I might have to take it? but im scared, is it safe? has anyone had it?

Hi i'm John

Meg
10-05-05, 09:03
Yes an endoscopy is very safe.

Its a camera looking down your throat. Its not the most comfortable of procedures but you can get some sedation which will help enormously.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

jill
10-05-05, 09:47
Hi John,

My Mum had this done and like you she was very scared in fact she was terryfied. After the pocedure was done I was called in, my mum was sitting there with a smile on her face, happy that it was over with and said it was not as bad as she thought it would be. She also said that if she had to have it done again she would not be so scared.
She did have some sedation.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

seh1980
10-05-05, 09:58
hi John,

I know quite a few people who have had it done and they haven't had any problems. In fact, the procedure was a lot more comfortable than they thought it was going to be. Good luck!!

Sarah :D

Piglet
10-05-05, 14:48
Hi there,

I had one done this time last year and while I'd prefer to have my hair done it was nowhere near as horrible as I'd imagined. I told them I was scared stiff (my pulse rate was through the roof) and they couldn't have been nicer even to the point where I decided not to have the sedation.

Also things have changed since I had one done at 18 - I kept my own clothes on (no gown) and there were loads of us in the day ward almost cheering each other on.

Love Piglet

Loco851
10-05-05, 16:05
thanks u everyone, im not sure if ill need it tho.. i been eating more every weeks, yesterday i had a lil rice n beans n today an egg n pieces of an english ****in, i remmember at the beggining i couldnt even finish an yogurt

Hi i'm John

Loco851
10-05-05, 16:07
why did they block english ****in?

Hi i'm John

Loco851
10-05-05, 16:07
m u f f i n

Hi i'm John

Meg
10-05-05, 16:17
Sounds like you're doing really well.. keep hold of that progress and build on it.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Edster
10-05-05, 23:55
I had it done without sedation (and believe me I am one of the most frightened people when it comes to stuff like this) .its nothing to worry about at all. Just a small feeling of throwing up as the tube passes your gag reflex both times (tube in and tube out). Its all over very quickly and all painless. good luck with it

Loco851
12-05-05, 04:21
thank u everyone, i feel alot better now incase i have to take it, it doest sound so bad

Hi i'm John

ariadne
12-05-05, 18:58
HI, I have had the pleasure of having an endoscopy done myself a couple of years back. I was sedated. It isn't as bad as you might think. It is merely a diagnostic procedure. It is totally worthwhile to have it done. You will see in the end that there is nothing to be frightened about.Take care and be strong, you can do this.