PDA

View Full Version : Everyone, please please read, thanks.

xBettyBoopx
15-08-08, 02:15
Hi ev1

Thanks for reading, this is a non nmp question.

Who is on BT Broadband please & how far away from the exchange are you?

Desperately need to know, I don't need to know your name or anything like that but if you are on BT option 1 broadband, can you tell me the speed that you get please & how far away from the exchange you are. If you don't know how far away you are, click on this link:
http://www.dslzoneuk.net/checker.php? put your postcode in & telephone number. I will be forever grateful to you, thanks very much.

Els
xxx

ps If you don't know your speed, you can use this link:
http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/

maddie
15-08-08, 08:52
Hi. I'm 0.26 miles from my exchange. tiscali works between 3.7 - 4.4 speed. TERRIBLY slow. 7 minutes to connect the other day gggrrrrrrrrrr

pooh
15-08-08, 11:43
hi not on bt but was on sky with a speed of 1.3 laughable i know now with o2 with a speed of 4.3 just goes to show you and im quite a distance from my exchange

xBettyBoopx
15-08-08, 13:34
Hi maddie & pooh

Thanks for your replies. It's if your with BT Broadband that I need to know cause they are telling me that I am too far away from exchange to get any higher speed than I'm getting which is.................wait for it.............don't laugh...........223kpbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That's why I'm looking for anyone else on BT roughly same length away from exchange that I am, so if they are getting a higher speed, which I think everyone in the world is getting, I can get back to them, although I'm exhausted from all this cause it's been going on for nearly 5 months. I can't get on most sites now. It's caused me so much anxiety cause wtf speed is 223kbps! I've had 4 different hubs & today the 4th engineer is coming out!! WTG BT for rubbish telecommunications again!!!!

Anyway folks I still need to know as am gonna see this one thru to the end, which ever end that may be!!!

Thanks in advance.

Els

xx

nikk_dolittle
15-08-08, 15:42
Im on bt broadband. My distance is 960 metres from the exchange with the speed of download speed of 4937 kbps and upload speed of 270 kbps.

Nikkx

xBettyBoopx
15-08-08, 15:49
Thank you soooooooooooooooo much amnikk. That proves it's not that, cause I am 880 metres away from the exchange.

Now I can challenge them again. The engineer has been out & changed the wire from the pole to my flat, he then gotta a better speed on his laptop but my pc is still at same speed, so he's gonna change the cable from the exchange to my flat. I had a long talk with him & he said that he'd never seen anyone with such a low speed.

Anyway, thanks soo much for answering amnikk. :hugs: Wonder what they'll say now??!! It's been an exhaustive 4 n half months!:mad: :mad:

Els
xxx

nikk_dolittle
15-08-08, 15:53
i hope you can get a better speed, we had to go through the whole sysetem of it a while ago, and now just ring and ask to be on a higher speed and they do it now and then. no question about it.

Good luck.
N xx

LucyR
15-08-08, 17:55
I am less than a mile from my exchange and my speed is 100.0 mbps.

Pink Panic
16-08-08, 15:20
Hi

I'm using BT Broadband and I'm 740 metres from the exchange and getting 2570 download and 379 upload speeds.

Hope this helps and you get things sorted. :hugs: