PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Beckster26
15-08-08, 11:15
Hello Everyone

Hope everyone is ok

I am having a really bad day today!!! I went to see my counsellor yesterday and she has told me to cut down on my caffine because she thinks is contributing to my anxiety. Has anyone else been told this? I have started today and it is really hard I have a major headache and keep feeling really dizzy. I am starting to get worried but I am trying not to stress myself out because I know that this will cause a panic attack and that is the last thing I want on a Friday!!!!

Has anyone else suffered these symptoms due to lack of caffine?

Please help!!!!

Take Care Becky :scared15:

Albert Couture
15-08-08, 11:36
Caffeine withdrawal is a common symptom for people who regularly consume caffeinated products. A friend of mine will get headaches on the weekend when he sleeps in and misses his morning cup. You can read a short blurb about it here: http://www.coffeefaq.com/site/node/11

I think a lot of people with anxiety are negatively affected by caffeine, or stimulants in general. I once could handle a pot or more of coffee before feeling any ill affects. Now I have to be careful after one cup, and even then sometimes I'll get a jumpy heart and be on panic alert for a few hours.

I'm no expert, but perhaps coming off of caffeine slowly, instead of cold turkey, may make for an easier transition.

Allye
15-08-08, 11:42
I stopped caffeine (well coffee I still drink green tea) BUT I did do it gradually. Cold turkey off anything is usually not good. Try to cut down rather than give up all at once. PS it really did help

pooh
15-08-08, 12:02
Hi Beck

the very day I joined NMP someone told me to quit drinking red bull ( i was on 6 to 7 cans a day). I havent touched a drop since and my gawd has my anxiety reduced itself. Red Bull as you know is packed with caffeine. Did I struggle? Yes but im here over five months down the line and better off for it
as allye says try cutting down if cold turkey is just too much

oh and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

marie1974
15-08-08, 15:19
hiya the caffeine withdrawl will give u haead ache for abit, but only for few days until your body gets used to it. in the long run u will feel heaps better. hugs to u hun xxx