PDA

View Full Version : I'm new and I have a scratching problem!

lil_sammi
15-08-08, 16:21
Hi everybody.
My name is Samantha and I am 19 years old. I have been diagnosed with anxiety, severe depression, OCD and IBS. I came across this site while searching for OCD scratching. I think I may have found some like-minded people here and I would really like to know if there are others out there just like me. Since the age of 4 I have been scratching my skin for no apparent reason, after seeing many professionals it was finally diagnosed as OCD (although I have also had the type where you switch things on and off, etc.). I am working with a psychologist at the moment but nothing seems to be helping and nothing has helped me in the past 15 years that I have been scratching. I am at my wits end - sometimes I don't even notice I'm doing it and when I am aware of my scratching I don't stop because I feel like I have to finish. At the moment my face is SO bad that the make-up won't even cover what I've done and I never leave my house because I'm too embarassed by the way I look. Even during the sweltering summer heat here in Australia, I cover up my whole body in jumpers, jeans, etc. because I scratch all over and I'm too ashamed about the way my skin looks. Please can somebody help me or offer me their similar stories? I feel like I am the only person in the World who does this.

diane07
15-08-08, 17:04
Hi sam,

Welcome to nmp.

I personally don't suffer with ocd but i do know there are many lovely people on here that do and can probably help you out with this one.
best of luck and keep posting.

best wishes
di xx

Southern_Belle
15-08-08, 19:39
Hi Samantha,

Hi Purple Fish,

Welcome to NMP. Many here understand how you are feeling and you will get support. I do suffer with OCD but have never had problems with scratching. Someone will though and will offer guidance. Glad you are here.

Take care,

Laura

nomorepanic
15-08-08, 21:07
Hi Samantha

Just wanted to :welcome: you aboard.

Lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help.

Lindalou64
16-08-08, 12:02
Hello Lil Sammie And Welcome , I Wish Ya Well, Linda

milly jones
16-08-08, 20:51
hi

a wonderfully warm nmp welcome to u hunny

love milly xxxx

ps i dont scratch, i skin pick when under stress, but cbt has greatly helped this

lorac
16-08-08, 21:40
Hello Lil Sammie

Welcome to the site I am sure you will get lots of good advice and support on here

Take care

Carol