PDA

View Full Version : some advice please about back to work interview

bluesparkle
10-05-05, 11:12
i hope i have put this in the right place ...you would think id have the hang of it by now wouldnt you! lol
i am seeing my cousellor tomorrow for the first time ... hmmm scarey!
but before that i have a back to work interview and i dont know what to do... the last time i saw them i was going to do some coarses with the adult education centre but i just couldnt face them... i do intend to go back to work eventually but just need time to sort myself as i have never taken time out for me...i feel i need to be able to cope better day to day before commiting myself to anything.
anyway my question is do i cancel the appointment for now or go and be honest or go and say nothing about my problems?
i was hopeing to have seen the counsellor by the time i had to do this.

kairen
10-05-05, 12:04
i would re-arrange appointment till after you have seen counsellor,
you know where i am if u want chat xx

kairen x

tasha
10-05-05, 12:09
I agree with what Kairen says - maybe try and arrange it until after you see your counsellor.

I've been in a similar situation to you. I'm on income support and I've found that my advisor was very sympathetic when I explained my situation and problems to her. It's best to be honest with them otherwise you could end up doing things that you may not be comfortable with.

Good luck with the counselling!

sal
10-05-05, 12:12
I would judge it on how you think your employers will treat you, if they are liable to offer you support then go and be honest with them. Explain you are starting counselling and you do not feel ready to go back to work but you are hoping the couselling is going to real help you.

Try and be positive with them and they surely will be back. I am just going on past experience with my work. Or you could put it back for a few weeks but either way they are going to want to talk to you as it is their duty to keep in touch with you when you are off work.

They might offer you some valuable support that is needed to gradually build yourself back into the work environment.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

pips
10-05-05, 19:50
Hi Rach,

If you can manage to change the appointment and see the councellor first. Then that would be good. If not I think you should go to the Back to Work interview explain your situation and see what they have to say. I'm sure they will help you.

Good luck with both i do hope it goes well.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

EmmaJane
10-05-05, 21:03
Hi Rach,

Not a lot I can say really, everyone has covered it. I wanted to wish you luck in what you choose to do and keep positive.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

bluesparkle
11-05-05, 18:42
thank you for all your replys...
i cancelled my back to work appointment but only till tomorrow because i knew if i put it off to long i wouldnt go at all and i knew i would have to go eventually.
went to the counsellor today....she said to just go tomorrow and say that i am not ready to go back to work just yet... hmm easy for her to say!(i do volentry work just one or two eves a week with st john ambulance and that is a struggle at times)
apart from that it actually went quite well i need to go to doctors tomorrow and i see her again next wed...
but one quick question if you dont mind... why do i feel so weepy and want to cry at every little thing this eve and why is my panic quite high...i feel totally worn out...

tasha
12-05-05, 11:27
I'm glad the counselling went well and good luck with your back to work interview and the doctors :)

To answer your question, I think feeling weepy and panicky might be a reaction to what has happened to you over the day. If you think about how much you've gone through (ringing the job centre and going to counselling), it's a lot to take in one day! the symptoms may be just because you are tired. It's just my opinion tho :) I know when I've gone through a lot in one day I tend to get more anxious and tearful.

bluesparkle
13-05-05, 18:36
hi
well i went... counsellor and interview both in one week :)
told the people at job center that i wasnt ready to go back to work just yet... and why [:O]and they were great.
i have just felt so posative today... things are going on around me but im just accepting them as `normal`... fri 13th normally fills me with dread alone...
and when i have started to panic etc i just remember what alot of you have taught me... its only a thought and it cant harm me... and aslo its only a thought i dont have to act on it...
hope this makes sense...
and thank you all for your support
rach

seh1980
13-05-05, 18:54
Glad to hear that things are going well for you!! :D

sal
13-05-05, 21:25
Well done Rach and pleased you didnt put the interview of for too long as i was worried the longer away it was the harder it would be.

Pleased it went okay for you and that you coped.

You are doing great and you know i am always here if you want to talk.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

pips
16-05-05, 11:40
Hi Rach,

Just caught up with message as been away the weekend.

Good on ya i'm really pleased you did both in the week!

You sound so POSITIVE which is ACE! Hope you are well keep up those positive thoughts hun!

Take Care

Love PIP'S X X