PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what's wrong!

mothermac
16-08-08, 03:59
I feel quite silly writing this thread but I want to know if anyone else worries when nothing is apparent to worry about,I will explain. I love gardening and have a lawn at the front and a large lawned rear garden,they are in full bloom and take a lot of looking after.Anyway yesterday I did the silly thing of mowing them both and tending ALL! the beds etc I came in and felt ok not even as tired as I should have done.I have recently woken up with a racing heart,legs like jelly and a tight feeling in my chest,I felt as though I couldn't breathe right and I feel sick. I am convinced now that I have overdone it and all last night watching tv there was a little voice inside saying you have overdone it you will feel bad now,what if you have damaged your body in some way? I kept saying to my hubby "What if I have done too much?" I read the help page on here a few days ago about anxiety again and I am convinced I have GAD! I have all the symptoms and worry about everything.I have had support on here second to non and do take advice but I feel like I am fighting a losing battle and am seriously thinking of booking a private appt with a Psychotherapist cos I am sick of waiting to see a counsellor I was referred to by my gp as I need to talk to someone sharpish.I feel I need to worry about something all the time or I don't feel normal I know that sounds mad but I have been told by various people including my mother that I was a pain in the arse growing up even as a child and have probably had this all my life in some form.Sorry to go on but I feel crap at the moment.

titchjd
16-08-08, 09:46
hiya ...sorry u feeling crap at the moment m8.
and well done for getting your garden done ...
You have probably woke up like this not so much from overdoing it but from worrying about it the night before....your thoughts were over taken by thinkin something bads going to happen because ive overdone it ....so you will be anxious 2 day and think youve overdone it but you havent its just thoughts .
Spend today thinking im proud i got my garden done and spend some time out there relaxing x

how long have you been waiting for your appointment .

best wishes
Titch xxx

Ddcoo
16-08-08, 13:09
Hi, I'm new to the site so hope I make sense, but like yourself have been troubled with "nerves" from a very early age and I identify with your present problem. I too overdo things and suffer the next day, its almost as if my body is punishing itself for doing something I have enjoyed. I too am not happy unless I am worrying about something and like yourself am waiting to have councelling, I have been on this waiting list since March, but in the meantime thank goodness we have this site, I would be worse than I am without it. Just try and relax today and be kind to yourself, tomorrow we can try again.

Ddcoo.

slavetoanxiety
16-08-08, 14:07
Hi

While you are waitng for councelling, try to self help by reading some books.
I am currently having CBT and was advised to read You can heal your life by Louise Hay and Feel the Fear and do it anyway by Susan Jeffers. I am sure there are many others, but these have mirrored by CBT and have been very helpful.

hope this helps

Regards

Slave

Ddcoo
16-08-08, 16:41
Thanks Slave for the book titles, I will buy them. Anything that helps is a bonus with this mental anx. So thirsty for knowledge for a cure (I wish).

Love Ddcoo:bighug1:

mothermac
16-08-08, 17:33
Thanks everyone for your replies,I feel more myself today and have just come in from a breezy walk around the park,fresh air helps me relax sometimes.I tend to get anxious about getting chores done etc so was probably panicking about getting the gardens done yesterday.Thanks Titchjd for complimenting me on getting my work done,I tend to focus on the negative and not the positive which is bad I suppose for anxiety.I will try and not to do too much in the future.