PDA

View Full Version : Hello

jdc
16-08-08, 16:06
Hi - I have had panic attacks as long as i can remember - I have tried lots of things and i know what is being suggested on this site, ie distraction, breathing, acceptance all work as i have had times in my life when i have been freer from the symptoms than at other times. I am having a hard time at the moment and what to give up and go back to living indoors but also know it isnt the way forward but it isnt always easy to keep fighting back. so joined the site so I can talk to others going through the same stuff and get some mutual support going.

J

weeleese88
16-08-08, 17:00
hello J
i suffer from panic attacks too,
its only been the last couple of months tho, (im only 19)
have you never been on medication?
i was prescribed beta blockers, they work well i found...
i think this site will really help you, i only joind a couple of days ago and everyone is great. Its good to know that your not alone feeling like this too
i dont think you should just stay indoors! i think that would make you think about it more as well...but one step at a time!

lisa xx

jdc
16-08-08, 17:35
Hi Lisa

thanks for getting back : ) I have had beta blockers too and they do help - so does counselling - it all helps but it is great to have people to talk to

J

weeleese88
16-08-08, 17:40
yeah i totaly agree!
its hard to talk to people you are close to because it can be embarresing sometimes!
plus they dont really understand how it feels!

pips
16-08-08, 17:43
:welcome: Jdc,

I hope this site can be of help to you,

Take Care,

Love Pip's X X

milly jones
16-08-08, 20:43
hi

a wonderfully warm nmp welcome to u hunny

love milly xxxx

lorac
16-08-08, 22:01
Hi

Welcome to the site there are many on here who will understand what you are going through and offer you support and good advice.

Take care

Carol

nomorepanic
16-08-08, 22:26
Hi J

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here

Hope we can be of some help

pooh
17-08-08, 04:15
Hello and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

Lindalou64