PDA

View Full Version : melvin

melvin
16-08-08, 18:21
hello everyone
my name is melvyn and I have suffered with anxiety for the past 10 years and I think it runs in my family as they all suffer with it in some form or other.
My question is if I fall asleep during the day I wake up freezing and my brain feels like its fuzzy its like I cant think straight.
Other symptoms that I experience that bother me are concentration which seems to be very poor, I dont seem to take notice of the what is going on around me.

RosieXXX
16-08-08, 20:02
Hi Melvin,

Welcome to the site. When I fall asleep during the day I can wake up feeling rather groggy. I also think when anxiety takes over we are very preoccupied with our worries, which takes its toll on our concentration. I am sure you will find lots of good support on this site, which will help to relieve some of your anxiety.

debera
16-08-08, 20:04
hi melvin
welcome to the site
debera

milly jones
16-08-08, 20:35
hi

a wonderfully warm nmp welcome to u hunny

love milly xxxx

lorac
16-08-08, 22:09
Hi Melvin

Welcome to the site I am sure you will get lots of good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

nomorepanic
16-08-08, 22:24
Hi Melvyn

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here

Hope we can be of some help

marie1974
16-08-08, 23:38
hiya and welcome to nmp, you will find some great advice and support here and make new friends too. hugs xx

pooh
17-08-08, 04:14
Hi Melvyn and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

Lindalou64
17-08-08, 14:06
Hello Melvin And Welcome To The Site, I Wish Ya Well, Linda

Ddcoo
17-08-08, 15:39
HI melvyn. When I nod off in the afternoon it always makes me feel dreadful when I wake up and the feeling usually lasts about half an hour. My concentration is rubbish - if anyone is talking to me I tend to be thinking about how I feel and miss half the conversation. You are not alone.

Ddcoo

bostonbuttafly25
21-08-08, 05:18
i always tell people to check for thryiod i did to the last post because thryiod and anxiety sometimes people cna have both and sometimes anxiety attacks come from thryiod levels being off. if not check for sleep ipnea. and if not then it could be just really bad migranes or anxiety attacks sometimes make people dizzy and if youre woryring alot you can make yourself drowsy ive noticed and medication too goodluck hun wish you better :*(

kellie
21-08-08, 09:58
Hiya :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
You will also find a lot of ppl who feel or have felt just like you do.
keep posting with your fears and we will help you as much as we can.

take care

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx