PDA

View Full Version : head pressure

kahi35
16-08-08, 20:41
hey guys anyone experience head pressure. mines is usually always there and it moves around. i had mri cat scan done notthing they say its from neck or bad posture but its really scary for me. my bp is ok so if anyone can help i would deeply appeiciated it.

yanksforever
17-08-08, 16:18
When my anxiety first started, my head pressure was horrible! It happens sometimes. Try to find ways to improve your posture and relax your neck.

kendo59
17-08-08, 19:56
The whole cycle of depression/worry/anxiety/stress/tension makes me have headaches.
Also, the weather lately (possible hay fever, or humid/high pressure with storms building) gives a lot of people headaches.

Head massage sometimes helps, or meditation. Try sitting quietly in cool dark room.

Anxious_gal
17-08-08, 22:50
i get head pressure alot but luckily it is one of my anxiety symptoms that doesn't scare me, i think its just a combination of tense muscles and anxiety, when i am getting heart palpitations the head pressure does get very bad,

springblossom
20-08-08, 20:48
I have this at the moment. Does paracetamol relieve it?

kathyanne
06-11-08, 22:43
i am currently going through this myself. It's an absolute nightmare for me. I have a constant temple pressure allday long for 4 weeks. I returned from a short break in spain where I had a Vertigo attack and that set me back. Been to doctor 8 times. I had a MRI done 2 years ago because I was having the same headaches then. Doctor is convinced it is 'tension type headache' and not to worry but like I said I suffer from 'health anxiety', how can you not worry. No pain killers work at all. I have tried everything now.

I hope it will go for me and for you soon because I can't go on like this for much longer.

Kathy:roflmao:

Hollytree
06-11-08, 23:45
Hey there, head pressure is quite common with anxiety, we tend to tense up our muscles, making them sore and sometimes quite painful. I have suffered with head pressure on/off for years and i've been told it's all anxiety related. It's not a nice sensation at all. Posture does make a difference, and relaxation to, prehaps you can try yoga or some breathing exercises, they might be able to able you. I have found a fantastic book called It's not all in your head. It's been my bible now for the last 18 months, very helpful, and outlines everything to do with panic attacks and how to help yourself deal with them. I hope you feel better soon xxxxxx

alisone
10-11-08, 14:40
Hi, I am new to this forum but came on because of head pressure. Doc said that it is just tension but I have still got it after several weeks. Its not a pain just pressure particularly in left forehead. Have been reassured on this forum that it is just another symptom of anxiety so hope this reassure you too.:yesyes: