PDA

View Full Version : help me.

tina2004
27-11-03, 15:11
came off my tablets lasy year but cannycope now without them,,,im constantly terrified.i think im dying every day ,im aware of every ache and pain,,recently i start feeling sick ,shake,feel like im gonny faint and get this lump feeling in my throat and chest,,the doc thinks ive ibs so im in pain with that on my right side and belly aswell,is anyone else like this,,ive had the lot chest pain ,feel like i canny breath correct every thing,the doc wants me to take ciprimil but im scared ,is anyone else on this help me i want to be able to lead a happy life and not be scared and to be happy for my kids sake,:(

Laurie28
27-11-03, 15:29
TINA,

The fear of dying and not being able to breathe are all anxiety symptoms. the doctor asked me to take Anti-depressants and I could not take them. Even if you decide to take the anti depressants you will have to try relaxation, maybe change your eating habits and taking time to yourself ( I know it is difficult with kids)
If u can't take the tablets tell your doctor and he may send u to a therapist (could take a wee while)

Have a look about the forums there is good tips on relaxation etc

lucky

florence
28-11-03, 00:58
Hello Tina
I understand how you feel and all your fears.
I 've been knowing anxiety and panic attacks since I was 19 and I am now 27.When it first occured I was scared of dying every single night and I was persuaded than I wasn't gonna be alive every next day.The lump in your throat, the feeling fainting,the shaking.....Believe me I know those symptoms.I think you should take an antidepressant(again), but yet its your choice.I have many problems with my bowels too. I get in agony whenever I eat cow's products(milk).Maybe you're sensitive to them too? You may have a food allergy? If you need someone to talk too, I am willing to listen. Feel free to e-mail me if you need(florwadd@aol.com).Lots of love and support.
You won't die, I promise.
Florence.

nomorepanic
28-11-03, 10:51
Tina

Have a look under the Medication topic to see what people have to say about anti-depressants. That may help to reassure you too.

Try to get some relaxation going and practice the breathing exercises.

All the symptoms you describe are panic related so don't be too stressed by it all.

Nicola