PDA

View Full Version : A shy hello

JillyT
17-08-08, 15:00
I am new to panic attacks but now I realise, not anxiety. I have retired in the last 6 months and now I haven't the distraction of work have begun to worry about my health especially as my husband is partially disabled. I also feel guilty that I am not doing all the things people are supposed to be able to do when they retire! I immedialtely felt better when I read through the description of anxiety symptoms as I seem to tick 50%, and it helped me realise that I (propably :blush: ) haven't got some terminal disease! feel a bit weird chatting about myself on line, but I haven't anything to lose. So hope to be back.
JillyT

Ddcoo
17-08-08, 15:26
Hi Jilly, so glad you have joined nmp, like you I have recently been forced to retire by a new boss who took over the shop that I worked in for 17 years, it really shook me to the core, the circumstances of me leaving were not nice at all and I ended up having to go to the Doctors with anxiety and depression and am still suffering, so I do understand how you must be feeling, its a shock to the system retiring anyway, so much time to fill, and I am not an adventurous person and suffer with travel anxieties too, so feel very trapped in my own environment.

I do hope that we all can help ease the pain and I will look out for your postings. Please stay with us.

Thinking of you - Ddcoo :doh:

jesse08
17-08-08, 16:30
Hi Jilly, NMP is great for advice, support and chat. I'm sure you'll find yourself on here browsing and responding to threads quite a bit! Passes the time and is fun, informative and supportive. Welcome, Jesse

jodie
17-08-08, 16:50
hiya

:welcome: to nmp

jodie x

RosieXXX
17-08-08, 18:54
Hi Jilly,

Welcome to the site. I am in my fifties and have suffered anxiety for many years. I am sure you will find everyone here very friendly - it really helps to know there are others who understand.

nomorepanic
17-08-08, 21:52
Hi Jilly

Just wanted to :welcome: you aboard.

Lovely to see you here and hopAe we can be of some help.

alexis
17-08-08, 23:58
Hi and a big welcome Im sure you will soon feel at home,take care,xxx

kellie
18-08-08, 21:12
Hiya :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here.
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
We all understand here what you are going through so keep posting and we will help you as much as we can.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

milly jones
18-08-08, 21:35
welcome hunny

no uve nothing to lose and everything to gain by joining nmp

milly xxx

lorac
18-08-08, 22:13
Hello Jilly

Welcome to the site you will meet many nice people on here who will offer you lots of advice and support.

Take care

Carol

Lindalou64
19-08-08, 13:03
Hello Jilly And Welcome To The Site, I Wish Ya Well, Linda

Lilith1980
19-08-08, 14:32
Hi Jilly

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

debera
19-08-08, 14:34