PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety disorder sufferer here...

anxietyzone
11-05-05, 01:34
Hi

I just joined the forum and wanted to say hello to everyone. I have suffered from a variety of anxiety related disorders over the years and I know they can take a tremendous toll on a person's life. I have been "officially" diagnosed (among other things) with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Hypochondria, Panic Disorder, Depression, Phobias, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and have dealt with these conditions for the better part of ten years. Many of my family members are also sufferers to one degree or another. I take "benzos" and SSRI's but it still is'nt always easy.

Anyway, glad to be here and that I found this place!:-)

Karen
11-05-05, 01:53
Hi Anxietyzone

Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pinkscrumpy
11-05-05, 07:40
Hi anxietyzone

welcoms and I hope you get a lot of help and support from the site

Mandie

MANDIE XX

rhowes2000
11-05-05, 08:53
Welcome to the site, i'm sure you will find it very supportive. Hope things get better for you soon

seh1980
11-05-05, 09:32
Welcome aboard!! :D

jill
11-05-05, 09:35
Hello and welcome to the site,
there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Great changes may not happen right away,
but with effort the difficult may become easy.

florence
11-05-05, 10:46
Hi Anxietyzone

Wow, you poor thing! You certainly have a lot to deal with ! **hugs**
I suffer too with GAD, Hypocondria, panic, phobias and had depression in the past.
I have too , members of my family who suffer/suffered with anxiety/depression in my mother's side.
Like you said , its not always easy, but we can learn how to cope better and this site is fantastic for support and advices, and I really hope you will get loads of them.
So welcome to the club and lets see if we can help each others :).
Take care for now.
Florence.

** Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.**

pips
11-05-05, 11:11
Hi,

A BIG WARM welcome to the site. Sorry to hear you have suffered so bad hopefully this site will bring some help comfort and reassurance to you.

Take care,

Love Pip's X X

tasha
11-05-05, 11:35
Hello and welcome! I can understand how it must be difficult for you at the moment. Everyone on here is very friendly and supportive :)

carlin
11-05-05, 13:35
Hi there,
welcome to the site, as you can see everyone is very friendly, you will find lots of support here, have a good look round, read lots of information and keep in touch, take care.

Meg
11-05-05, 14:25
Hi,
Welcome aboard..

How are you progressing in your recovery and what measures are you taking yourself to aid this ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

lin
11-05-05, 15:46
hi

Welcome to the forum u will get loads of help and support, sorry to hear u have a lot of problems hopefully the forum will help u.

take care

linda xx

nomorepanic
11-05-05, 18:08
Hi and welcome aboard the forum.

Hope we can be of some help to you on here.

Nicola

alexis
11-05-05, 18:34
Hi and welcome, you are in the right place, lots of helpful friendly people suffering from a variety of things, I have general anxiety disorder, depression and social anxiety disorder. I havent been a member that long but got wonderful support which helped me attend a family christening recently the first social event I have been to in a year, it is reassuring to know you are not alone with these conditions, there is a chat room where you can go to talk about your problems and more often than not once they are aired all sorts of other subjects crop up helping you to forgetabout them if only for a short while.It comes to life after 8pm. it is my first venture into a chat room but now I quite look forward to it, anyway as most have said, welcome and have a goood look around.
Love Alexis

sal
13-05-05, 21:12
Welcome to the site and i hope we can help you through this and support you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

clickaway
14-05-05, 13:14
Hi and welcome,

I see that you have your own forum there in the states http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php and that's great that you have been so positive.

Us anxiety sufferers have a load of rubbish thrown at us and being positive is the best way to success.

As has been said, there is a bags of great advice here and if your time zone fits in with when our chatroom is busy, please join us there!
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/lounge/chat/chat.html

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker