PDA

View Full Version : burning mouth

sharon1
17-08-08, 16:18
hi this is my second post on here i saw my doc on thursday and he said all my symptoms were due to anxiety and i tried to relax and accept this, however today i have woke up and have the burning mouth thing back again, it feels like my lips tongue and gums have had hot pepper rubbed on them..is this normal, im scared i have hiv...oh god when will this ever stop...has anyone else had this feeling???

kendo59
17-08-08, 19:59
Not something I've experienced. Have you tried eating a few spoonsful of plain chilled yoghurt? Or drinking a glass of cool milk?

milly jones
17-08-08, 21:48
i get mouth thrush cos anx hun

im on meds but cos of nature of anx i dont produce enough saliva and this causes thrush

thrush causes burning of the tongue and mouth

u get a white curd like covering too in patches

just letting u know what it may be hunny

milly xxxx

Anxious_gal
17-08-08, 22:46
hmm yes thrush, it could be that, god i hate when doctors say its just anxiety, please see a different doctor, maybe a female one? you deserve to be taken seriously, x

peter34uk
17-08-08, 23:23
Hi I have burning mouth syndrome for several months a couple years back.

My tongue was killing me. All I could do was suck on plenty of Ice Cubes & regularly make sure my oral hygene was up to scratch.

It will pass...over time but it will pass.

By the way, why do u think u have HIV if u dont mind me asking? Anxiety is a main cause of thrush

sharon1
19-08-08, 07:20
hi peter the reason i think of hiv is every time i google anything it comes up with hiv as a reason for my symptoms, i have been with my current partner for 14 years and my doc told me i would have been ill by now but my paranoia wont stop..!