PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to start working?

caz303
18-08-08, 09:28
Hi everyone

I just been prescribed 40mg 3 times a day alongside my other medication. What I'd like to know is are they an instant hit or do they take a while to get into your system to start working?

intense
20-08-08, 14:21
They're an instant hit, between 30 mins and 1 hour.

I think they can build up over time. You don't feel a "hit" though, it's quite subtle, but when you go in a scary situation eg, a presentation, you will be able to feel just how much they are helping you stay in control/calm.

caz303
20-08-08, 14:52
They're an instant hit, between 30 mins and 1 hour.

I think they can build up over time. You don't feel a "hit" though, it's quite subtle, but when you go in a scary situation eg, a presentation, you will be able to feel just how much they are helping you stay in control/calm.

Thanks intense :D I've only been taking them a few days, along with my other meds, and they do seem to be helping with the exception of the mornings. I take my first one as soon as our alarm clock goes off, usually about 7'ish (although I've probably been awake much sooner than that :wacko: ) and don't feel much relief until about late morning! Not sure if that's normal or not :shrug: