PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Kurukulla
18-08-08, 20:09
Hi I'm new. I've suffered from panic and anxiety one way or another for most of my adult life. I've had various forms of counselling (CBT, hypontherapy, talking therapies etc) over the years. But to little avail. If you can get anxious about it I will:weep: The most useful thing I found to help is meditation but I have a long way to go. I'm also taking mirtazapine which does help a bit.

This weekend I have to travel to France using the Channel Tunnel. I'm petrified. Just thinking about being in the tunnel, all that way under ground, makes my heart race and my breathing difficult. I'm seeing the doc on Friday morning - I'm hoping she might be able to prescribe something to calm me.

Anyway, hello!

pooh
18-08-08, 20:22
Hi and welcome along to NMP

I know exactly how you feel about the chunnel except I'm a NO WAY person lol

well for the moment anyway

Nice to have you as a member on the site

Pooh xxx

Kurukulla
18-08-08, 21:04
Thanks. I'm really glad that I've found this site. I've been reading some of the articles and postings - it's cathartic . I've never been good at admitting that I suffer from panic and have only just admitted it to myself this year. Reading of others' experience and some of the tales of, quite frankly, courage in the face a terrifying and debilitating condition has been possibly the best use of the internet I've had for a long time.

I actually feel a bit more in control tonight - just from reading stuff here. :yahoo:

kellie
18-08-08, 21:07
Hiya :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here.
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
We all understand here what you are going through so keep posting and we will help you as much as we can.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

lorac
18-08-08, 21:10
Hi

Welcome to the site you will meet lots of really nice people here who will offer lots of good advice and support.

Good luck with your trip to France

Take care

Carol

milly jones
18-08-08, 21:13
welcome to nmp hun

ive been thru the chunnel, and i far prefer it to flying or sailing.

ull be amazed at how easy it is.

good luck

milly xxx

Kurukulla
18-08-08, 21:30
welcome to nmp hun

ive been thru the chunnel, and i far prefer it to flying or sailing.

ull be amazed at how easy it is.

good luck

milly xxx

Thanks for that. I know I'll feel better once it's over. Then I'll be sitting in field in France quietly meditating :shades: :shades: ... this image is getting me through. I've decided that to distract myself I'll sing, with my daughter, to our favourite tracks on the Ipod at the top of my voice. So if you're braving the Chunnel at the weekend and you hear a very out-of-tune rendition of U2's Vertigo :ohmy:don't come over to complain - it's frightened soul trying to cope...

Alisonj
19-08-08, 04:29
Welcome!

Lindalou64
19-08-08, 13:01
Hello And Welcome To The Site, I Wish Ya Well, Linda

Lilith1980
19-08-08, 14:31
Hi Kuru

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

nomorepanic
20-08-08, 20:56
Hi K

Just wanted to say :welcome: and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.