PDA

View Full Version : question for meg please

vernon
11-05-05, 16:33
Hi meg my doctor sent me for some blood tests and said she was going to check my calcium level again. she hasnt ticked bone profile box on my form, is this the test for calcium in the blood? thanks. Vernon

Meg
11-05-05, 18:25
The bone profile also tests for all sorts of other things too that she may not want.

There is a single test for calcium so she may have written it in seperately.

Are you sure shes testing testing calcium for bones or for something completely different ie thyroid.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

vernon
11-05-05, 20:16
No just calcium was raised in my blood a while back then it went back to normal. she didnt know the reson why it was raised. Thanks.

Meg
11-05-05, 21:16
My guess would be that as its extremely well recognised that chronic alcohol abuse brings about significant changes in mineral metabolism such as low serum calcium, phosphate levels and magnesium deficiency, that your body learnt to metabolize these minerals differently whilst you were drinking to self protect, thus when you gave up the body is still overcompensating for a good few months thus giving a transient high serum calcium.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

vernon
16-05-05, 11:16
Thanks meg I thought that about alcohol changing how the body works too, but Doc didnt seem to think so, My doc dont even thing anxiety and panic is an issue either lol