PDA

View Full Version : Hey I'm new and inspired already!

Sheltoes
18-08-08, 21:54
Hey!
have stumbled across this site after spending hours once again researching my symptoms to see if im about to drop dead!
Have been diagnosed with panic disorder for about five months, at present I seem to have around five panic attacks a day on average particularly at night! If im honest despite being on medication (citilopram) I feel so much worse recently and am getting to the stage where I can't leave the house and I want to stop this before it becomes a major issue, and im being disciplined at work for the time I have off or if im late because of having a panic attack!

What worries me the most is the fear that im going to have a heart attack, i feel constant chest pain, check my pulse about 100 times a day and my heartbeats are irregular, and get tingles and pains in my arms neck and arms and in particular my left arm aches a lot which obviously only intensifies the heart attack fear! After looking over forum posts here I ve found loads of you with the same symptoms so Im trying to let that be a comfort, though I still think that obviously my symptoms are different and Im actually going to die of a heart attack!

Im just glad ive found somewhere with people going through the same thing as its ruining my life and I can no longer try and deal with it on my own without talking to someone about whats going on. Im 21 and just finish university I should be out trying to find my place in the world and instead im stuck in a rut of riduculous fears and anxieties that I have no control of!

I was also wondering if anyone else gets major mood swings with their anxiety, I go from feeling quite hyper and happy (apart from the panic attacks) for a few weeks to incrediably low and lathargic to the point I can;t drag myself out of bed...either way the panic attacks come but at least when I am happy I can distract myself....rigt now Im in a low point and just wondering if anyone knows how I can balance this out!!!

Anyway sorry for wittering on, I really hope this site can help and I wish everyone all the best with their own NMP journeys!

milly jones
18-08-08, 22:01
hi hun a big welcome to nmp

im on citalopram but my anx is finally under control

u dont mention what dosage ur on. it took 3 months of reviewing to control my nightime pas

i would keep chatting to ur gp if ur not happy with the results

and ask for therapy too to control ur beliefs

take care

milly xx

andyr
18-08-08, 22:05
Hi
i have severe mood swings,to being happy for 3 to 4 days to being horrible and very irritable at a click of a finger

lorac
18-08-08, 22:21
Hi

Welcome to the site I am sure you will get some good advice and support on here

Take care

Carol

titchjd
18-08-08, 23:32
Hiya hun glad u on NMP as it will b a big help ......I have panic disorder and currently agrophobia due 2 many years of anxiety and not getting treated .

Your symptoms are so common with anxiety and can be managed with help .....im on citalopram at the moment and im currently having CBT ....i wished Id have got help many years ago instead of just stressing about it x

I mean i have seen many people over the years but never really accepted what i needed 2 do 2 get better .

Have u seen any1 about your feelings ......i see u are on meds but have u been offered any counselling or CBT ?

I wish u the best and message me anytym xxx
Titch xxx

Cathy V
18-08-08, 23:42
Hi there and welcome to nmp. My anxiety with my heart began at age 22, when i felt my heart 'miss' some beats. It scared the hell out of me, and if computers had been around then and i had access to a forum like this i probably would have posted exactly the same thing as you have today.

I'll be 55 in 2 days time (wednesday) so ive been waiting for the heart attack for 33 years.

You are 21 years old...you are not going to die from a heart attack, believe it and live your life...please.

Best wishes
Cathy xxxx :)

pooh
18-08-08, 23:58
Hiya and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

kellie
19-08-08, 09:34
Hiya :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here.
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
We all understand here what you are going through so keep posting and we will help you as much as we can.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
19-08-08, 12:57
Hello Sheltoes And Welcome To The Site, I Wish Ya Well, Linda

Lilith1980
19-08-08, 14:30
Hi Sheltoes

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

Sheltoes
20-08-08, 11:35
Thankyou so much to everyone for your messages of support! Im on a waiting list for councelling now so fingers crossed that may help! Best Wishes xxxx

nomorepanic
20-08-08, 20:45
Hi Sheltoes

Just wanted to say :welcome: and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.