PDA

View Full Version : hi im a newbie

summernites
19-08-08, 06:43
i have social anxiety disorder and depression. my main symtoms are body aches and fatige. i also have irritable bowel syndrom which is very bad so i cant go anywhere these days. is the latter normal for anxiety? it is a new symtom for me. also has anyone used herbs such as st johns wort or kava with any success? im not on meds right now.

Anxious_gal
19-08-08, 08:11
ya IBS is so normal! I have had it a few times (for weeks at time) and anytime i was anxious my tummy would hurt!, never used st johns worth its banned in Ireland, kava is good but can have a bad effect on your liver if used everyday for 2 years, passion flower is good 2,
I take omega 3 it helps me,
welome,

kellie
19-08-08, 09:35
Hiya :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here.
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
We all understand here what you are going through so keep posting and we will help you as much as we can.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

lorac
19-08-08, 12:39
Hi

Welcome to the site I am sure you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

Lindalou64
19-08-08, 12:47
Hello Summer And Welcome To The Site, I Wish Ya Well, Linda

Lilith1980
19-08-08, 14:29
Hi Summer

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

summernites
19-08-08, 18:44
thanks for the imput guys.....i really hate having to consider what my body is doing b4 i make plans..then theres no garentee it could change in a second. my kids dont understand this and get angry. i get the you are just lazy or you use it as an excuse all the time. ive had anxiety for over 20 years and its gone from virtually bed ridden to occasional probs and now its evolved to back stress and ibs. the ibs is out of control. very frustrating. if loved ones just understood i didnt chose this and im doing the best i can. god bless you guys for giving me a forum to vent to someone who really does understand:yahoo:

milly jones
19-08-08, 21:19
hi hunny

a really warm welcome to nmp

glad u decided to join us

love

milly xxxx

Alisonj
20-08-08, 01:39
Welcome!

nomorepanic
20-08-08, 20:48
Hi Summernites

Just wanted to say :welcome: and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.