PDA

View Full Version : A weird symptom/sensation

Edster
12-05-05, 00:00
the only way i can describe it is like someone tugging a clumb of hair on your arm. its like little shocks not aches. Grab one of the hairs on your arm and pull..it feels just like that keeps happening at various points on my left arm. anyone else experienced this?

vernon
12-05-05, 11:28
Hi edster,
I haven’t experience exactly the same but I do get odd feelings (numbness. Pins and needles, Pains, etc) I all sorts of places and never be surprised what can happen with stress and anxiety. I have suffered anxiety for many years and it cane be unbelievable the symptoms you get from time to time, and they can last for weeks to months so I wouldn’t worry. Take care. Vernon

kairen
12-05-05, 13:29
LOL Edster i cant believe i sat there pulling the hairs on my arm, but no i have never had a feeling like that but like vern says it is weird what anxiety can do to u, i had terrible twitch in my eye for a long time hated that. u just have to try not to focus on it or it will make it worse, just relax and try and concentrate on something else if you can

kairen x

mom22
12-05-05, 14:17
Hey Edster,
I experimented with the hair pulling too...haven't had that same feeling but the sensation that's left after is familiar. Kind of like a burning/tingling feeling under the skin. I've chalked it up to anxiety and when it gets to the point it distracts me, I switch to doing something else so I don't notice it. Try not to worry about it.

Sue

seh1980
12-05-05, 16:32
Don't worry about it Edster - it's just anxiety!! :D

vernon
12-05-05, 18:56
lol u nutters i was pulling away at the hairs on my arms to

henri
12-05-05, 21:49
lol vern!
edster, i think it's definitely anxiety related - try and ignore it if you can! hopefully it'll disappear.
henri