PDA

View Full Version : globus hysterious

helen_1
19-08-08, 16:00
im not sure if i have globus hysterious but i keep feeling a tihgtness like being strangled in my throat what im wondering is can it make your mouth and throat dry and can it cause your voice to feel funny when you talk

skatty08
21-08-08, 15:47
hi,
Im new to this,just joined today,
but I think I have globus hysterious but not sure.Have had lump in the throat sensation for 2 weeks now so went doctors she checked and said no glands up no redness in throat.I have ear and jaw pain too!!had bloods done waiting for them now.Am so worried so fed up with it convinced its something serious like cancer.the feeling is just there all the time its horrible it seems to moving up my throat,cant stop swallowing either or clearing my throat.Its a nightmare,think my friends are sick of me going on about it,so worried anyone else have this?

helen_1
21-08-08, 18:44
hi skatty08 i dont feel like theres a lump its just a constant feeling like my airway is closing it feels like my voicebox is really dry too so my voice feels weird when i talk i have this constantly it never lets up had it for 4 weeks now i have had blood tests done today and also the doctor has referred me for a barium swollow its really scaring me i wake in the night because my airway has closed im always going to A and E and they are getting fed up with me but i cant help it i really panic over this i have read things on globus hysterius and it mentions the lump in the throat but i dont feel a lump im sorry if i couldnt answer your question if this is globus hysterius then its the first time i have had this