PDA

View Full Version : New member

Emmyj
19-08-08, 20:50
Hello everybody,
A but nervous about doing this, but here goes...
I'm a 29 year old woman, and I've suffered from anxiety since the age of 10-11. My father was quite bad-tempered and took most of his aggression out on me, which left me with all these problems: social phobia, panic attacks, and body dysmorphic disorder. I've never had any help for them, which is why I feel unhappy most of the time...I'm trying to achieve the things I've always wanted to do: I'm hoping to enrol on a TEFL course before the end of the year, and I'd like to finally work my way towards a Phd. I've signed up to do voluntary stuff with Amnesty International, which will allow me to make new friends and perhaps boost my esteem, but it's really tough for me sometimes, and I feel as if my life is a mess. Just a few weeks ago, my boyfriend dumped me, because the relationship was "hard work". I loved him, and feel devastated at the moment. I've never felt so bad. I also feel angry with myself for allowing my anxieties to mess things up so much. I joined NMP because it's time I did something, and also because I'm in need of support from people who understand. I'm so low, and the little confidence I have has been rocked by the things my ex said...I feel unlovable and worry that I'll always be alone, romantically...I know I'm fortunate to have good friends who understand me and care about me. I guess this isn't a very cheerful message, but I hope someone out there will send me some kind words to help me through this horrible time.
Thanks,
E

lesleya
19-08-08, 21:07
Hi Emmyj
:welcome: :welcome: to nmp.
Im sorry you've been so unhappy, but im sure you will find lots of people here who can help you through it. Good luck with your new course and your voluntary work, it sounds really great.
Take care
:bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1:

milly jones
19-08-08, 21:16
hi hunny

a really warm welcome to nmp

glad u decided to join us

love

milly xxxx

Alisonj
20-08-08, 01:39
Dont be nervous everyone here is wonderful!
Welcome!

Zaffi
20-08-08, 09:13
Hi Emmyj

Ive only been here couple of days and find it a warm and supportive site. Sure you will find a lot of comfort and help here

nomorepanic
20-08-08, 20:46
Hi Emmy

Just wanted to say :welcome: and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Lindalou64
21-08-08, 13:26
Hello Emmy And Welcome To The Site , I Wish Ya Well, Linda

Emmyj
24-08-08, 20:22
Hi,

I've just read the replies to my first ever message, and would like to thank you all. It's great to feel that you're not alone...So thank you again for welcoming me to NMP! :)

Emmyj

Graz
24-08-08, 21:23
Welcome Emmy, no need to worry as there's plenty of other people in a similar situation like myself. It's great that you're doing voluntary work and looking towards a PHD, keep it up and I'm sure it would be a massive boost to you :)

lorac
24-08-08, 22:53
Hi Emmy

Welcome to the site you will find many on here who understand what you are going through.

Carol

belle
25-08-08, 00:14
Hi and welcome :)

x