PDA

View Full Version : Freddie (new member)

Freddie
20-08-08, 13:15
Hello,

My name is Freddie and I'm a new member looking for advice. I have suffered from claustrophobia for many years. But for the last 12 months I have got worse. I haven't been to see anyone about my problem, any advice you can give me would be most welcome.

Thank you :)

marie1974
20-08-08, 13:29
hello and welcome to nmp, you will find lots of advice and support and make new friends too. hugs xxx

Freddie
20-08-08, 13:33
Thank you :)

yorkylover
20-08-08, 13:37
Hi Freddie and :welcome: you will get lot's of support and friendly advise here.

Maybe talking to your gp about your problem would help.They could refer you on to someone who could help you overcome your problem.:hugs:

pooh
20-08-08, 14:15
Hi Freddy and welcome along to NMp

Pooh xx

bubba
20-08-08, 14:46
I had this problem with lifts. But when i went to eurodisney the hotel only had lifts. So had no choice but to get in it. Now i have no problem. You need to face your fear head on. Take someone you trust and just go for it. It is scary but trust me it will help.

GOOD LUCK
From Bubba

Freddie
20-08-08, 14:48
Thank you for your messages of support :)

My own anxieties have become gradually worse over the last year. I now find everyday a battle. I find travelling a real problem especially cars, as most now have central locking, electric windows. My biggest problem is the car locking when you're are travelling. Friends try and understand but I am now feeling a real burden when the only way I can travel is with the car window fully open!

My family have been supportive but things have recently come to ahead when a weekend in London with my daughter to celebrate her 21st was spoilt by my claustrophobia. Our room was on the 12th floor and I had to walk up 24 flights of steep stairs rather than travel in a lift.

I could go on and on but I just want to say a huge thank you for the messages of support.
I now want to find the courage to visit my G.P. and hope he shows me the same understanding.

yorkylover
20-08-08, 16:01
Freddie,try and find the courage to visit your gp,Im sure they can offer you some help,refer you to someone who can help you get better.

I hate lift's and would have used the stair's to.Nothing to be ashamed off.I hate small space's.We have air conditioning in the car,and you usually have the window's closed.I would rather have the air condioning off and window's open,it feel's to closed in.

You will get there,don't be hard on yourself.:hugs: :hugs:

janeybaby25
20-08-08, 16:51
hey welcome to nmp. hope you get advice & help you need. xxx:welcome:

jesse08
20-08-08, 19:31
Hi Freddie
NMP is great for new pals, support and advice.
:welcome:

nomorepanic
20-08-08, 20:36
Hi Freddie

Just wanted to say :welcome: and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Freddie
20-08-08, 21:47
I'm overwhelmed by all the messages of support. I now realise I'm not alone and tomorrow I am going to phone my G.P. and ask for help.

Thank you

:hugs:

yorkylover
20-08-08, 22:54
Great news Freddie:yesyes: let us know how it goes.:hugs:

Lindalou64
21-08-08, 13:19
Hello Freddie And Welcome To The Site, I Wish Ya Well, Linda

milly jones
23-08-08, 21:45
hi hunny

welcome to the world of nmp

a super community with supportive members

love milly xxx

lorac
23-08-08, 22:15
Hi Freddie

Welcome to the site I am sure you will get lots of good advice and support on here

Take care

Carol

Southern_Belle
24-08-08, 18:01
Hi Freddie,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support. I've done the stair route too but it was because I am scared of heights and some elevators here are made of glass, yikes! I would try to do a little bit of exposure day by day. Perhaps go in your closet for a few seconds or so and build up from there. Glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura