PDA

View Full Version : Another new member

littlefurryanimal
20-08-08, 13:28
Hi everyone,

I'm Fi. I've been diagnosed with anxiety and I've been put on the waiting list for CBT on the NHS. The waiting list is more than a year, and I've been on it for about 7 months. Unfortunately, my panic attacks have ben getting progressively worse over that time, and my mood swings more extreme.

My panic attacks are triggered generally by leaving the house for things I actually want to do. Suddenly I feel a great deal of social anxiety and end up curled up screaming crying and not really breathing properly. This is more recently putting a strain on my relationship with my fiance. He's very understanding, but it's getting difficult for him now.

I've also got a problem with food - sometimes I'll get the urge to binge eat and I really don't know what caused that, but that's obviously detrimental to my health.

I've been looking through the forums over the last couple of days, and found some really helpful things so far, but thought I'd introduce myself.

Sorry for whining on, it just felt good to write it all down somewhere.

Cheers all,

Fi xx

yorkylover
20-08-08, 13:40
Hi Fi and :welcome: you are very welcome to rant here,why not get it all off your chest:yesyes: .You will get lots of support here and friendly advise.We are all here to help each other.:hugs: :hugs:

pooh
20-08-08, 14:10
Hiya and welcome along to NMP

There are plenty members here who will be able to relate to exactly what you have described. You have taken a positive step forwards by posting.

Pooh x

littlefurryanimal
20-08-08, 14:15

Also - Yorkylover I love those cuddle smileys :-) very cute!

xx

nomorepanic
20-08-08, 20:41
Hi Fi

Just wanted to say :welcome: and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Lindalou64
21-08-08, 13:28
Hello Fi And Welcome To The Site, I Wish Ya Well, Linda

milly jones
21-08-08, 22:19
a warm and wonderful nmp welcome to u

love milly xxxxx

lorac
22-08-08, 18:54
Hi Fi

Welcome to the site I am sure you will get lots of support and good advice on here.

Take care

Carol