PDA

View Full Version : A move in the right direction

EmmaJane
12-05-05, 21:26
As some of you have read my posts, you will know that I have this problem with looking my symptoms up on the internet. I then come up with a serious illness that then means ive got it and im going to die. I have suffered anxiety for about 8 years, with depression on and off. Thinking that im not meant to be happy and there is no way, that I can go through life without being ill, or there being a major problem all the time. Panic attacks, I use to have but can now control. I havent had one of them for months.

I thought I would let you all know, that I have been seeing a councillor for a few weeks now, and been on this brilliant website.

With all your help, postings and support. I havent looked any symptoms up on the internet for over a week. ( A small move but a positive one ) . I have focused on aromatherapy, which I really enjoy doing. I feel like I am getting somewhere now and the future looks brighter.

We can all get through this with the support of each other.

Thank you to all of you.:D

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Karen
12-05-05, 22:27
Well done Emma, you're doing so well. Great progress.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
12-05-05, 22:33
Emma - way to go ....Well done indeed .

Thats great news.. Aromatherapy is great.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

florence
13-05-05, 10:45
Hi Emma

Thats great news, brilliant stuff, glad you feel more positive .
Hope it lasts for you.
Florence.

** Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.**

mom22
13-05-05, 12:27
Sounds like you're on the right track Emma...way to go!

Sue

nomorepanic
13-05-05, 20:11
Well done on resisiting!

You are doing great so keep it up ok
x

Nicola

rhowes2000
13-05-05, 20:39
Emma, I have exactly the same problem, although things have been great for me over the last week it might not last forever. I'm very pleased to hear that you are doing better and you have resisted looking up your symptoms. I'll give aromatherapy a try as well. Hope you continue improving.

Richard

sal
13-05-05, 21:29
Hi Emma

That is great news and i hope you carry on doing so well.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

EmmaJane
13-05-05, 23:19
Thank you all very much for your replies. Things are still good, had a bit of a lapse with feeling insecure today, and not feeling good enough but had my aromatherapy bath and I feel totally comfortable now.. Im not sure if these oils are working or if its in my head[xx(]. Still ill go with it.

Well done Richard, the main thing is each day we dont fall, to our weak points, is a day nearer to our full recovery. One day at a time.

Take care all

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

sal
14-05-05, 02:05
Em

It is great news to hear how wel you are doing and we are all so proud of you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.