PDA

View Full Version : will i ever feel normal?????????????

jojo.72
20-08-08, 19:13
Hello all, iv stumbled across the site by mistake and how glad am i!!! Im jo 35 single mum to a lovely daughter. Iv had anxiety all my life i reckon, grew up in a very violent house which really scared me and iv been the same ever since. Iv been on various medication since i was a teenager, only stopping whilst pregnant. I currently take proprananol 60mg and citralopram. Iv been to various councelors and physciatrists over the years. I just feel like im in a bubble n cant break out of it. My daughter is only 5 and shes already showing signs of being nervous with people and situations and i feel so guilty about it. I would love to chat and get to know other people in my situation. Thanks for taking the time to read this xx Jo xx

ronski
20-08-08, 19:23
Hi Jo

Welcome to the site where you will make many friends who will support you through this anxiety nightmare. There are many ways where you could start to look at your problems in a new way. Alongside your medication CBT is very effective especially with your life experiences. I expect a one to one appointment with a councellor is the best way to go. See your doctor and ask for a referral. There is light at the end of the tunnel, even though now it probably seems an impossible task. It takes time but please dont give up on life, grasp it with both hands for your daughters sake and with help you will succeed.

I wish you all the best
Ron

lesleya
20-08-08, 19:47
Hi and :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to nmp.
You will get lots of help here from people who will be able to understand your anxieties and how you feel.
Ive made lots of friends and had so much help and support, and im sure you will too.
Lots of luck and take care.
:bighug1: :bighug1:

jojo.72
20-08-08, 20:10
Thanks very much, im really glad i stumbled across the site

jo xxx

nomorepanic
20-08-08, 20:34
Hi Jo

Just wanted to say :welcome: and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Lindalou64
21-08-08, 13:38
Hello Jo And Welcome To The Site, I Wish Ya Well, Linda

Kelley30
21-08-08, 14:03
Welcome to the site hun, theres plenty of people here who know and understand what you are going through. Hopefully you will find the support you need.

take care hun
K
xx

kellie
21-08-08, 15:23
Hiya :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
You will also find a lot of ppl who feel or have felt just like you do.
keep posting with your fears and we will help you as much as we can.

take care

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

milly jones
21-08-08, 21:53
a warm and wonderful nmp welcome to u

love milly xxxxx

lorac
22-08-08, 19:26
HI Jo

Welcome to the site you will find many people on here who will understand how you feel.

Take care

Carol