PDA

View Full Version : Going on holiday

Yenesei
20-08-08, 19:39
Hi,

I am trying to get advice and also would like to know if there are any anxiety help groups in Italy / Spain.

I haven't flown for 8 years as I am frightened of the flying ( being trapped in an enclosed space and the fear of a panic attack) also traveling on a coach from the airport and the size of my room in a hotel create great fears for me. I know I have attachment problems and I am trying to work these out with a therapist.

If you have travelled with similar fears have you any advice also do any of you now of groups in Italy or Spain, if I do travel I am going for an easy one first.

Many thanks.

Tony

marie1974
20-08-08, 21:18
hiya hun cant help with your prob but just wanted to send u a hug and bump up your thread to the top again and someone hopefully can help u xxxx

Jaco45er
21-08-08, 09:12
Tony chap

I am flying tomorrow, 1st time in 10 years because I hate flying and being trapped in a small space (and the sad recent news isn't helping).

If I survive the panic, I will tell you how I "coped" lol next week.

Good luck

Jaco

binashubby
21-08-08, 13:05
I get really anxious waiting to get on a plane. Take a favorite magazine with you, and some sweeties. Oh yes - Bach Flower Rescue really helped me. Could be worth a try. Oh yes - last tip - get yourself a window seat and admire the view. This way you won't feel enclosed.
Hope this helps
Paul