PDA

View Full Version : New member..longterm sufferer

curlywurly
20-08-08, 20:01
Hi Everyone

this is my first post on a forum of any kind but i felt inspired to do so after reading some of your posts.

I've been an anxiety sufferer on and off for around 15 years now and never did anything to really help myself get better, however last year (around this time) i had what i can only describe as some sort of breakdown, the anxiety was worse than it ever had been, i was afraid of everything, being alone, being with people, being outdoors, indoors..you name it, i felt like i was in limbo, couldn't do anything, eat anything, i didn't want to see anyone..i was 24/7 terrified!..i just wanted to hide away. I shut myself away for around 6 weeks and started to put myself back together. I've changed my diet, had CBT, i take a lose dose medication and for the first time in years i began to exercise a little :D ..and i am feeling so much better than i did this time time year, for the first time i feel hopeful that i can beat this and i will beat this. I still have days when i feel afraid (like today for example) but i hope that i can keep getting better..and that days like today will become fewer and farther between

Curls
xxx

BellisC
20-08-08, 20:18
Hi Curlywurly, welcome! I've found this site really helpful in the week or so since I found it and signed up - just knowing other people are going through the same type of thing has been really reassuring. Very best wishes to you! :)

curlywurly
20-08-08, 20:20
Thanks Galoot

I agree, realising that other people are in the same situation has helped me a lot

curls
xx

nomorepanic
20-08-08, 20:34
Hi Curls

Just wanted to say :welcome: and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

curlywurly
20-08-08, 20:36
Thanks Nicola

After doing so well for such a long time I'm now having a tough few days so i'm sure i'll be posting plenty of messages over the next week or so.
x

Lindalou64
21-08-08, 13:37
Hello Curls And Welcome To The Site, I Wish Ya Well, Linda

YoYo
21-08-08, 13:48
Hi Curls

Well done to you, it's success stories like yours that makes a difference.

I've already seen the support you get from the site and hopefully this will help you through, especially on the days you feel afraid.

YoYo x

Kelley30
21-08-08, 14:00
Hiya hun and welcome to the site, I hope you find the site helpful and there is plenty of people to chat to if you need it.

Take care

K
XX

kellie
21-08-08, 15:20
Hiya :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
You will also find a lot of ppl who feel or have felt just like you do.
keep posting with your fears and we will help you as much as we can.

take care

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

milly jones
21-08-08, 22:02
a warm and wonderful nmp welcome to u

love milly xxxxx

lorac
22-08-08, 18:59
Hi Curls

Welcome to the site I am sure you will get some good advice and support on here

Take care

Carol

curlywurly
30-08-08, 13:39
Thanks for your supportive messages everyone, having a terrible few days, the guy i was seeing just dumped me by text message to go back to his old partner :-(..i'm feeling pretty rubbish, not to mention everytime i think of him not being there for me anymore i get really anxious and panicky..i really don't want to take a step backwards after all my hard work trying to get better............any advice ?
:-( Curls
xx

milly jones
01-09-08, 21:35
A wonderfully warm NMP welcome to you

Milly xxxx :hugs: