PDA

View Full Version : Good news and bad news

Veronica H
20-08-08, 20:39
Hi All
First the bad news - husband got out of the car to go into PC World to pick up some software (only mention this because had the shop been M&S or Debenhams I would have gone in!). He forgot I was still in the car and locked me in. As soon as I heard the doors lock I started to wave to him but he was already off across the car park. I have not been too good in the car of late - and you guessed it -I started to panic. What's more the car alarm went off twice and husband deep in the software section of PC world didn't hear it. I had a full blown attack complete with burning arms/neck and even my heart rate managed to go up a bit despite my betablockers. Now for the good news - after the car alarm stopped going off I was able to put Dr Claire Weekes Face/accept/float/let time pass, into effect and got it under control before husband returned.... Still he felt so guilty he cooked the tea.
Take Care Everyone
Veronica H

orangeblossom
20-08-08, 20:48
Wow! You dealt with a situation that would have completely terrified most of us in an incredibly positive way! Well Done you! I think it just goes to show that it really is a case of 'mind over matter' that we can indeed put into practice.

Incidently - how nice not to have had to make tea ;-)

feels_like_home
21-08-08, 03:14
You did an amazing job calming yourself down. It is all about the small steps we take that help us feel better. Well done!