PDA

View Full Version : Got To Have All My Teeth Out....help!!!

kazzie
20-08-08, 21:05
Hi:)

Im not a huge fan of dentists but I do go when I am supposed to

Today at work the first mouthfull of lunch I broke a peice off my tooth:weep:

Anyhow managed to not panic(mostly thanks to Gary 2.0) and went to dentist

He said he would just smooth the sharp edges. as he started another chunk of tooth came away:mad:

Ended up deciding that my teeth have all had it and he is gonna start pulling them out next month:weep:

So now I have a very uncomfy temp filling that Im not allowed to eat on so Im on a liquid diet till its all sorted:wacko:

Has anyone else had one of these temp fillings or all their teeth out???

He is going to give me nice new teeth(he says)......he means dentures:blush:

I just feel awful.....

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

marie1974
20-08-08, 21:10
hi kaz and poor u i hate dentists, i have not had any teeth pulled but ihad root canal treatment. i have a temp filling at moment have had it in for 3 months cos i have to have root treatment done on it and im bricking it, so i been so careful on this temp one and luckily its still in. hugs xx

scampi
20-08-08, 22:26
due to smoking i was told i had to have all my teeth out, i am only 40. my friend had all her's taken out at 36. We later found out that she didn't need to have them out. if i was you get a second opinion, i still have my teeth 15 months later so don't be in to much of a hurry to believe all the dentist says

yorkylover
20-08-08, 22:52
Hi Kazz,you poor thing:hugs: My mum had all her teeth out quite early,something to do with having children and calcium!!!!!She coped really well.My dentist wont remove teeth unless they really really have to.:hugs:

titchjd
20-08-08, 23:04
Hi hun .....due 2 abcsess twice i have had my teeth out ...not all but have a bridge on front teeth top and bottom and 5 gold teeth (which m thinkin of selling lol)

I had 2 have temp teeth top front and they were like match sticks I went everywhere wiv scarf on ..but my dad has his temp 1s and they were gr8.

most of my teeth are either bridges or caps covering teeth I had 2 have removed .........I hate dentists and paid each time 2 be sedated .

Im happy with my teeth now ..even if they arent actually mine lol...but spent 4 years with 2 false teeth at 29 so having teeth i dont have 2 put in a glass is brill.

ask dentist if u can have a bridge fitted if u have 2 have a few teeth out xxx

good look hun and u will b fine ....if I can do it any1 can honestly xxxxx

titchjd
20-08-08, 23:07
p.s ..bridges arent like dentures as they fitted in your mouth hun ..much better than the dentures I had xxx I have funny tales about my dentures lol xxxx

Anxious_gal
20-08-08, 23:27
YES get a second opinion just to be totally sure you need all your teeth out. are all your teeth falling apart or just one or two?

honeybee3939
20-08-08, 23:41
Aww poor you Kazz!:hugs:

Well im not much help in your time in need as i am petrified of dentists(even the thought of it sends me into panic).

Just wanted to send you a hug mate:hugs: :hugs:

I keep watching the programme on tv "10 years younger" and boy do they look good when they have there new dentures fitted. I just wish i had the courage to venture to the dentist i certainly could do with 10 years taken off!

My mum and Father-in-law have dentures(had them fitted many years ago)they say its the best thing they ever had done after the problems they had with thier teeth, my mum especially states it as given her so much more confidence having nice new teeth.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

ladygrom
21-08-08, 06:12
hi your very brave going the dentist i petrified of them makes me ill the thought on it wish you well xx

Granny Primark
21-08-08, 07:18
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: kaz,
Ive got a fear of losing my teeth. Yet I really hate my teeth as ive got a bridge on my front teeth that was done when I was 17 and that looked brill at the time, but because of receeding gums now due to my age looks horrible.
Ive got friends that have false teeth and they look brilliant and in some ways I envy them.
I think your really brave and im sure your new false teeth will look great.:yesyes:

kazzie
23-08-08, 15:17
Thanks Everyone:hugs:

My problem is receding gums due to diabetes and smoking:blush:

I do see what you are saying about a second opinion but I have been told by 2 dentists prior to this that "one day" this would happen:mad:

Guess I just have to accept it really and grin and bear it:D

My main problem is if I eat solid food there is a real chance more of them will fall to bits:wacko:

Bought a liquidiser this morning and been having slim fast a lot:wacko:

Still liquid diet has its upside...............now wheres that vodka bottle:whistles:

ROFL:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Thank you all

Kaz x x x:hugs:

Ps anyone got any ideas for what would be nice liquidised, like smoothies etc????

kendo59
23-08-08, 15:39
You could try to look on it as a positive experience (difficult I know), that after years of having 'problem teeth', you are now going to get a brand new set of teeth to give you that perfect dazzling 'Hollywood' smile!

Why not treat yourself afterwards, to a full makeover and hairdo, get a new dress, and become that glamorous confident person you always wanted to be?

kendo59
23-08-08, 15:46
ps. good liquidised recipe...

My favourite is:
half-dozen strawberries and/or raspberries, handful of blueberries, a banana, half-cup of thick creamy yoghurt, cup of milk, drizzle of honey (can add a weetabix or handful of all-bran to thicken it). whizz it up.

various soups, made with stock, gravy, & mashed veg (potato, carrot, parsnip, swede, broccoli, etc).

canned drink called V8 (blend of 8 veg juice, tomato/celery, etc)

Granny Primark
23-08-08, 21:06
proper rice pudding thats not come out of a tin and with the skin on and home made strawberry jam.
mmmmm just the thought of it makes your mouth water.:D

Karen
23-08-08, 21:13
Thinking of you Kaz :hugs: You are very brave. I would probably be in a similar situation if I got up courage to find a dentist and go. I know my teeth are in a dreadful state due to my eating disorder and I have constant toothache :wacko:

I hope you are finding something to make eat on your liquid diet.

Karen xx

milly jones
23-08-08, 21:18
just hugs kaz

mill xxx

kazzie
25-08-08, 21:49
Thanks Everyone:hugs:

Next dentist appt is 8th Sept....will keep ya posted:yesyes:

Kaz x:hugs: