PDA

View Full Version : could do with some feedback....

kerri2008
20-08-08, 22:16
hey everyone im pretty new to this, but figured i should give it a go as it couldnt do any harm. i've been suffering panic attacks for 3 months now, and its completely changed my life and not in a great way so far, i still have days where i cant tell myself that it is all in my head, and am still convinced something terrible is happening to me and the doctors have missed something, i think about death constantly and am scared of losing family. i think this has all stemmed from a relationship ending in which i was really happy and thought he was the one, and in the same relationship i lost a baby.
i just want to know there are other people who feel things like this and im not alone? can anyone help and suggest any tips on coping with these feelings? :(

maz67
20-08-08, 22:23
:D Hi Kerri

I felt the same as you after having a brain tumour removed in feb. Soon as i came out of hospital the panic set in. This happened after the op not when i was told previously last november.

I kept thinking something would happen to me, then i found this site and realized that all my symptoms were anxiety related and began to relax.

Since then they have disappeared. This site is a godsend, read the symptoms on the home page, they will help a great deal.

You are not alone.

Take care
Mandy xx

freakedout
20-08-08, 22:49
Hi Kerri

Aww, you have had a tough time and a fair bit of loss to deal with too. When you have a panic attack it feels as though something terrible is happening or going to happen to you so it is understandable that you feel like this. I have no answers really as I am still trying to get my head around my own head, with the panic attacks, but I DO understand how it feels as do lots of people here.

There is a mass of useful information on this site so have a good look around, I hope that you start to feel better soon.

Take care

Freaky

Maz - You have had an awful time too. I hope you are recovered from your op now. You take care too.

kerri2008
20-08-08, 22:55
thankyou, its great to have support from people who know and are/have suffered the same. i wish so many people obviously didnt have to suffer it, but theres been so many times when i really have believed i'm the only one to feel like this

laila
20-08-08, 23:21
Hi Kerri, I've been havin panick attacks for about 3 months as well...just started out the blue!!! Not nice! My doc put me on citalopram 3 days ago side affects not good though as i have been feelin more anxious than ever. But the doc said this will happen. So i'm goin to stick it out and hope for the best..........!!! Hope you start to feel better soon. Nice to know there are other ppl like me. take care keep us updated on how you are feelin okies.

kerri2008
23-08-08, 21:52
thanku laila, sorry to hear the tablets were making u more anxious, i'm having that problem at the moment, and they are keeping me awake! i hope the tablets u are on work out for you soon! xxx

titchjd
23-08-08, 22:00
hi m8y ..panic attacks are scary and u feel like u are the only 1 who could ever understand how they feel ....what u have 2 think is panic attacks are actual feelings of fear and fear is scary and prob the worst thing u could feel ......but with panic attacks its false fear u are not in danger and they arent going 2 hurt u as much as they feel so bad .....I also had a relationship end after 15years which i thought wud last 4eva .....and its sooo hard ......
have u been 2 see counsillor and r u on meds .?
This site will give u so much help and support and we are always here 2 help xxx

big hugs xxxx
Titch xxxxxxxx

kerri2008
23-08-08, 22:04
thankyou titch, it just sometimes takes some reassurance and a lil reminder that what im feeling no matter how bad wont actually cause any danger, i've applied for counselling and anxiety management too, im just waiting for the dates to come through! and im on anti depressants, but nothing is agreeing with me at the moment!
everyone so far on here has been so supportive!! its really nice to have people who understand to talk to!

xxxxxxx