PDA

View Full Version : Hello.....!

YoYo
20-08-08, 23:19
Hi everyone. This is my first time using a Forum and I wanted to say thanks for the information you have taken time to provide, it's been very helpful.

I was prescribed Citalopram today but wanted to read up on the side effects before collecting my prescription. It doesnt make sense but I always check out the side effects even though I know I am only going to scare myself silly. I guess if I think I'm prepared for the worst then my reaction to the drug might not be as bad as I'm expecting.

I was diagnosed as having depression nearly six years ago and am on Prozac at the moment. I have also had one year of counselling, and gone through countless boxes of tissues!

I'm really hoping that this medication is the one..... I'm a bit nervous after reading your comments but I'll be brave like you guys and get my prescription tomorrow.

Thanks for being there... x :bighug1:

pooh
20-08-08, 23:56
Hi YoYo

and welcome along to NMP!
There is heaps of advice and great support to be found on the site, forum and from site members.
Let's hope this is the right drug therapy

Pooh xxx

YoYo
21-08-08, 08:29
Hi Pooh

Thanks for your welcome and support. Finding this site and reading other experiences I can relate to has been a big help already.

I was a bit nervous contributing to the Forum and didnt know what to say but your note has really helped.

Thanks

YoYo xx

kellie
21-08-08, 09:45
Hiya :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
You will also find a lot of ppl who feel or have felt just like you do.
keep posting with your fears and we will help you as much as we can.

take care

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

YoYo
21-08-08, 11:59
Hi Kellie

Thanks for your kind welcome.

I'm a total mess at the moment, but it's good to speak with people who understand.

I'm tired of feeling as though I dont fit in, constantly looking for acceptance, for people to understand that it's not about giving yourself a good shake.

I end up feeling as though I'm not as good as everyone else as I cant cope as they do. I try too hard to fit in and end up alientating people. I'm not looking to be "normal" (whatever that's meant to be!), or perfect, just want to be content and at peace with myself.

I really appreciate your support, it's good to talk.

Take care & thanks
YoYo xx

PS I'm so sick of crying all the time, it's driving me bonkers!!!

Lindalou64
21-08-08, 12:46
Hello Yoyo And Welcome , I Wish Ya Well, Linda

YoYo
21-08-08, 13:36
Hiya Linda

Thanks for your welcome

Take care

YoYo x

Kelley30
21-08-08, 14:04
HIya hun and welcome to the site. There is plenty of people here who know and understand what you are going through. You will no doubt find the help and support you need.

take care
K
xx

YoYo
21-08-08, 17:33
Hiya Kelley

Thanks for the welcome.

I only came across this site yesterday evening by accident and I'm glad I did, I didnt know such a website existed.

Thanks for your support.

Take care

YoYo xx

nomorepanic
21-08-08, 20:41
Hi YoYo

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

lorac
21-08-08, 20:50
Hello YoYo

Welcome to the site you will find loads of nice people on here who will offer good advice and support.

Take care

Carol

milly jones
21-08-08, 21:24
a warm and wonderful nmp welcome to u

love milly xxxxx

YoYo
21-08-08, 22:01
Hi Milly

Thanks for your welcome, I'm glad I found this site.

YoYo xx