PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

theindra
21-08-08, 05:24
Hello everyone,

I am a 21 year old non-smoking, non-drinking, otherwise healthy guy. I am not sure if i have cancer phobia or not, but i swear i have diagnosed myself with 3 different kinds of oral / throat cancer. A couple of weeks ago i got myself diagonsed with a mucocele, a harmless block of saliva which forms a bubble in your mouth. The moment i saw it though, and googled 'lump in mouth,' i got the Cancer fear of my life. Since then i have intensly felt like I have symptoms.

I have thought several times that i have had 'difficulty swallowing.' And i cannot get over it: every I feel a little bit of irritation in swallowing (even after eating something pastey or something hard) I jump to the conclusion that i have cancer. From lymphoma, to oral cancer to cancer of lower throat; i feel like i have all of these but in turns. It doesnt make rational sense to, after having had a meal without noticing it, suddenly start having difficulty swallowing.

If anyone can help i would really appreciate it. I feel like my blathering about cancer will start irritating those around me: but my fear is so real...

pooh
21-08-08, 09:41
Hello there and welcome to NMP

there are lots of people with health anxiety that will relate to your post and for you lots of information and support to be had from the site

nice to have you along

Pooh

kellie
21-08-08, 09:54
Hiya, welcome to nmp its lovely to have you here
You will find lots of ppl here who get what you are experiancing at the moment and will help and reasure you.
Reed this post and it will help and explain things to you a bit better.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4476

take care

kellie.xxxx

Lindalou64
21-08-08, 12:49
Hello And Welcome To The Site, You Will Find Lots Of Info On That , I Wish Ya Well, Linda

Lindalou64
21-08-08, 12:51
Hello And Welcome To The Site, You Will Find Info On That On The Left Here, Its Your Anxiety Tellin You This, Its Not Real,i Wish Ya Well, Linda

nomorepanic
21-08-08, 20:44
Hi Theindra

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

lorac
21-08-08, 20:56
Hello Theindra

Welcome to the site I am sure you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

milly jones
21-08-08, 21:22
a warm and wonderful nmp welcome to u

love milly xxxxx